Work Programme and DWP Benefits

It means that you will be put back on the work programme soon after you reclaim to complete the remaining period.

It now lasts for a period of 2 years and if you quit the scheme during that time when you sign on again you will return to it to complete the full 2 years. But, even if you have completed that 2 years you may get put back on another after another 6 months of claiming.

From experience, the only ones to get jobs from these initiatives are the ones who are now being employed by these providers.

Thanks, really appreciate the feedback...

It's a 2 year programme and the companies operating the Work Programme won't get most of their funding until the end of the 2 years and will only get full funding if the person is still in work.

The Work Programme is a good initiative and I don't know why any serious job seeker would want to avoid it and miss out on the potential for work

hmm was unemployed for nearly a year inj the end took the first job i was offered as was fed up of interviews and must have come across as desperate in them not sure, anyways I love it it's great but the jc wont leave me alone, why? its only 12hr so I need to sign on to collect a little extra and apprantly im classed as unemployed! now im on the flipping work programme and I dont want to leave the employment I have just because i am 4 hrs short why cant they tag after the louts who dont care about work?

hmm was unemployed for nearly a year inj the end took the first job i was offered as was fed up of interviews and must have come across as desperate in them not sure, anyways I love it it's great but the jc wont leave me alone, why? its only 12hr so I need to sign on to collect a little extra and apprantly im classed as unemployed! now im on the flipping work programme and I dont want to leave the employment I have just because i am 4 hrs short why cant they tag after the louts who dont care about work?

Glad you are enjoying your 12 hours of work - why not try and find another job that offers a few hours to get the JC off your back

Glad you are enjoying your 12 hours of work - why not try and find another job that offers a few hours to get the JC off your back

whew its hard enough to find one, never mind two. you would be surprised though at the amount of job that are part time, and even the people at the jobcentre dont encourage people to apply for them. because it still involves the benefit and all that entails.

signing, fulfilling the jsa conditions, attending to courses that are relevant to you. and of course the big one.... paperwork, even a simple change can be like hearding a cow through the eye of a needle. ( i know it should be camel).

the left hand dose not know what the right is doing, its madness.

then as with most part time jobs, there is no secruirty and you

Maybe contact them direct and ask the question, then you would know for certain.

Angel.

That is very bad advice. I asked for advice a few years ago - followed the advice to the letter, and then got accused of fraud. Never trust the DWP. All any employee is interested in is massive bonuses for catching you out.

I enjoy my job would like more hours of course but every time i look there all part time in my radius-cant drive, I would take a 37hr shift if an employer would take me on, im not being lazy and grabbing all the overtime i can

Archived