Where do i stand??

Possibly but its too late now i had to pay it as there was 5 guys in the office and i felt a bit intimidated. Also i had to get back to work so as not to upset them either.

I'm just wondering if they could say if you had any redress in law or not after the effect?:)

Blimey there's a lot of "Owt for nowts" about today. You were perfectly happy to take his professional opinion on what the fault was so why argue over £15?

So let me really get this straight. You expected to drop the car off with the garage, the mechanic find the fault and then you take it elsewhere for it to be fixed and you not have to pay anything to the fault finder?

I say pay the man his due.

Playing devil's advocate here. You take your motor to a garage for the chappy to find a fault if there is one. He spends half an hour finding it, You expect the fault finding to be "free"

As he waves you off, as another guy comes in with the same idea, but a different "fault". Its found after half an hour, he expects it done for free.

As he waves this "customer" off another pulls up, with the same idea again.

Get the drift, by the end of the day, our garage man has earned NOWT thanks to numpties who want jobs done for nothing.

I would have paid the £15 and thought it a job well done.

Angel.

Archived