Dog owners, control your pets

Obviously OP is not a dog owner...

As a dog owner I am reguarly subject to dogs (last was a huge St Bernard) jumping up at me when walking mine ... they just want to play. In an ideal world, all dogs would be obedient when you shout them back ... but what can ya do? Posting on a forum isn't gonna help lol

Dogs need to actually be let off a lead to be trained to come back (well in my opinion they do), so you need to obviously bare this in mind, totally agree tho that unless the dog is either a pup or very young they shouldnt be jumping up at you, as bigger dog lover as i am, i hate it when dogs arnt trained to not jump up at people.

My dog goes out running with my husband,so when he sees a runner he tends to run along side of them but if they to no notice of him he soon gets fed up and comes back, i find most joggers very polite. The only thing is if the stop to talk to the dog he does think its a invite to jump up and say hello,so maybe its just best to just carry on running and don't stop

My dogs are not agressive however my 6 month old pup jumps up at people when I take her out and she is offlead....thats just typical puppy behaviour I am afraid! My other two have grown out of this however just because a dog doesnt come back to its owner straight away when recalled doesnt mean its a bad dog that should be onlead!

How about you avoid dog walking areas and stick to the roads where its unlikely you will meet dogs offlead?

Kippax..... don't you know that the local public parks are there solely for dog walkers, how dare you use them for jogging, walking and talking the kids to the swings and slides ect. YOU should be aware of the dogs that are loose , running around, you can't put all the blame on their owners you know, take some responsibility will you..........:rolleyes:

Archived