PIP, DLA and the disabled

No you absolutely should not. Your GP is supposed to be biased in your favour; claims for benefits have to be assessed by someone neutral.

It nearly always has been that way, it's never just been on a GP's say so.. the application process for DLA required information from a number of sources. GP's being just one, Hospital Consultants another, and and Independant non-commercial medical panel (if deemed necessary) formed the medical 'burden of proof' in any application..

I don't know, I went to the GP and they were very reluctant to give me any help regarding alcoholism.

but fair enough.

surely you see a difference between working in your own allotment though and working in a 9-5 job.

at your allotment you can go home at any time, you can take breaks when you want, you don't really have to interact with anyone, you go at your own pace, there are no deadlines, there is no pressure... etc. Now I don't know what matey you know is suffereing with, but maybe if it is alcohol and depression the above reasons would be serious barriers to full time work. Maybe to you that just sound like someone who needs to 'sort themselves out', 'get a grip', or any other number of sayings that aren't that practical in real life.

If he has come up to you and laughed about blagging the system to you then I retract my statement but if not you must understand how you appear to the outside world isn't how you feel and are able to operate as a person.

:)

Yes working in the allotment is harder work.

If someone would pay me to work in an allotment on my own hours then I would happily do it.

If you can work in an allotment then you can work, all that is required is to find a job you can do, and the hours you can do, which is what I did.

If you can work in an allotment then you can work, all that is required is to find a job you can do, and the hours you can do, which is what I did.

If the hours that you can do are "might be four, might be only two, sometimes might not be any for three weeks at a time" then exactly how many employers do you think would even bother to read the rest of the application?

If the hours that you can do are "might be four, might be only two, sometimes might not be any for three weeks at a time" then exactly how many employers do you think would even bother to read the rest of the application?

Why does it always come down to an employer won't employ me, if you can work an allotment you can work someone’s garden, do what I did and go self employed and then you can pick the jobs and hours you want to do.

Why does it always come down to an employer won't employ me, if you can work an allotment you can work someone’s garden, do what I did and go self employed and then you can pick the jobs and hours you want to do.

And you could survive on 2 hours' wages most weeks and none the next could you?

I couldn't even plan when I'm going to take jobs on because I don't know when I'm going to either be in too much pain to get up and about or when I may need to sleep without warning. Some days I couldn't give you half an hour's warning for a nap that will take up the rest of the day.

And you could survive on 2 hours' wages most weeks and none the next could you?

I couldn't even plan when I'm going to take jobs on because I don't know when I'm going to either be in too much pain to get up and about or when I may need to sleep without warning. Some days I couldn't give you half an hour's warning for a nap that will take up the rest of the day.

Why do you always assume I’m talking about you, you have stated you are unfit for work, I don't know you so have no reason to think you are lying, the lying cheating scroungers I am talking about are capable of working. They play the system; they are good at it and have no intension of working, you may not know anyone like this but I do and anything the government do to get these people of benefits is a good thing.

Archived