PIP, DLA and the disabled

Well I am on DLA but use the internet - a lot. Problem is I have to lay on my left side, as it's the only way I am comfortable, I cannot sit for any period of time, or even lay on my right side. It's great fun having to lay down most of the day - watching your life pass by.

As for employment, any one out there who wants an employee that can only lay down most of the day, and who frequently falls asleep. If so please PM me with job description.

Angel.

I feel for you so much. Watching life pass you by .. Trying to make what you could allow to be a joyless life, worth something. Not only is life physically challenging, but mentally and emotionally too. Some people have no idea, and my thoughts are with you.

People shouldn't have to justify what they can and can't do to be in receipt of DLA, that is the point!.. it's not means tested, and it ISN'T a benefit that reflects whether a recipient is fit to work or not.

Yes in order to obtain DLA the claimant has to justify themselves to the decsion maker. Not to Mr. My taxes pay your lifestyle.

I can appreciate that there are cheats & thats why there is a dedicated fraud department, that doesn't mean that medusa has to justify her post count on sheffield forum.

What next?? Ohhhhh I know you were born with no arms, but if you can type with a pencil in your mouth, then your available for typing work & you don't need DLA???:loopy::loopy:

Come on people get a grip.

I cant believe your having to explain on an open forum why you are unable to work medusa. Its a disgrace that anyone should ask.

No-one did ask. It was perfectly logically derived that if a person can be seen to be on the Internet all day whilst claiming to be disabled, then that same amount of Internet time could be spent being productive. Is it such a bad thing to suggest people be productive with their time. You may enjoy paying your taxes to be paid out as benefits without considering if the person is worthy, personally I don't. Stop being so sensationalist. Also, read Medusa's posts. She often volunteers the information regarding her health.

:gag:

Yes in order to obtain DLA the claimant has to justify themselves to the decsion maker. Not to Mr. My taxes pay your lifestyle.

I can appreciate that there are cheats & thats why there is a dedicated fraud department, that doesn't mean that medusa has to justify her post count on sheffield forum.

If you want the cheats to be highlighted then now and again you have to justify yourself to the lot of us. How on earth would we know you aren't cheating?

Isn't the fraud rate only 1% because at the moment they dont really carry out many checks? An unmonitored benefit, can's imagine anyone would take advantage of that!!

Anyway if everyone has to be re-assessed what's the problem if you know your entitled to it??

He made a killing? Call me cynical but I find that hard to believe, all his "profits" would be eaten up in seller fees for a start.

If that was the case how come so many Ebay shops have opened up and so many of my friends are making plenty by selling on there?

Well I am on DLA but use the internet - a lot. Problem is I have to lay on my left side, as it's the only way I am comfortable, I cannot sit for any period of time, or even lay on my right side. It's great fun having to lay down most of the day - watching your life pass by.

As for employment, any one out there who wants an employee that can only lay down most of the day, and who frequently falls asleep. If so please PM me with job description.

Angel.

I'm lucky- I get to lie in a recliner, but I still only get to use one arm. Pile of poo sometimes isn't it?

I honestly dont know how you two cope.

Id have gone mental if my life was so restricted.

Archived