Cash machines , and a mandatory receipt

should cash machines be made to issue a receipt for every transaction, ? ie a roll that can not run out while cash is in the machine, i have recently gone to make 2-3 withdrawals in our village of £350 and no receipt , which is fine if you write it down there and then, but if you dont and your bank statement arrives , then what , you have no way of checking if the 3rd withdrawal was legitimate :rant:

should cash machines be made to issue a receipt for every transaction, ? ie a roll that can not run out while cash is in the machine, i have recently gone to make 2-3 withdrawals in our village of £350 and no receipt , which is fine if you write it down there and then, but if you dont and your bank statement arrives , then what , you have no way of checking if the 3rd withdrawal was legitimate :rant:

Surely the ATM should give you the option of whether you'd like a receipt or not ? :confused:

They do and normally tell you if they are not available. The notion that you can have a never ending receipt roll is laughable. Also you can check your bank online or - and this may surprise you - you can call them on phone 24/7

They do and normally tell you if they are not available. The notion that you can have a never ending receipt roll is laughable.

You could program the machine to refuse to dispense money if it had run out of receipt paper, but I think would cause far more problems than it solves.

If there is such a thing as an ATM that doesn't warn you in advance that you will not get a receipt, until after you've ordered the transaction, then there should not be and that is an alteration that needs to be made. I don't, offhand, ever recall coming across one.

What are you on about? If you find it all so complicated should you even be allowed a bank account?

Archived