Cash machines , and a mandatory receipt

please re read. most good citizens who dont have on line and even telephone banking , have only the receipt in their hand to tally their withdrawals at the month end ........simples

if it is really that much of an issue for you, why not carry a notepad or piece of paper to do your adding up? or keep the previous receipt until a new one is obtainabale and add onto that one until then.

should cash machines be made to issue a receipt for every transaction, ? ie a roll that can not run out while cash is in the machine, i have recently gone to make 2-3 withdrawals in our village of £350 and no receipt , which is fine if you write it down there and then, but if you dont and your bank statement arrives , then what , you have no way of checking if the 3rd withdrawal was legitimate :rant:

I happen to agree with you craig12 to a point. I always try to obtain a receipt for ATM withdrawals to match up to my bank statement but, sometimes, the machine is out of paper which annoys me. On such occasions I make a mental note as to the value I withdrew to check my statement.

I'm no "old fart" but, have been the vicitm of card fraud so it does make me doubly careful about monitorring my account.

To the people who obviously ask for a receipt and then just drop it on the floor well, that's just wasteful and shows society for what it is.

please re read. most good citizens who dont have on line and even telephone banking , have only the receipt in their hand to tally their withdrawals at the month end ........simples

Do you no get a paper statement though the post once a month?

Do you not know where any of your banks branches are located?

Do you lack the wit to go into your bank and ask for a print out of recent transactions?

Do you lack the wit to request a print out of recent transactions from an ATM?

Do you lack the ability to use a pen and a piece of paper with which to record yourself any withdrawals or card transactions you may make?

If you answered Yes, No, Yes, Yes and Yes to the above questions I strongly urge you to close your account and keep all of your money henceforth under your mattress.

jb

Slightly off topic I know, but don't ya just hate getting to a cash machine and someone is there that takes about 10 minutes to do whatever it is they're doing? I'm up to it, done the transaction and gone within about 20 seconds.

I never go for a receipt anyway.

Do you no get a paper statement though the post once a month?

Do you not know where any of your banks branches are located?

Do you lack the wit to go into your bank and ask for a print out of recent transactions?

Do you lack the wit to request a print out of recent transactions from an ATM?

Do you lack the ability to use a pen and a piece of paper with which to record yourself any withdrawals or card transactions you may make?

If you answered Yes, No, Yes, Yes and Yes to the above questions I strongly urge you to close your account and keep all of your money henceforth under your mattress.

jb

:hihi::hihi::hihi: It's not rocket science is it JB - I don'tknow how some people cope. He's obviously capable of using computer. I use an excel spreadsheet to keep account of my incomings and outgoings - excel is so easy my nieces 8 year old daughter could use it:hihi:

In the old days before on-line banking I used to keep a note of all transactions in the handy bits of paper in the front of my cheque book. (Just had a look and my cheque book still has these inserts.) Can I suggest that the OP utilises this facility rather than have lots of odd bits of paper which can easily be lost?

should cash machines be made to issue a receipt for every transaction, ? ie a roll that can not run out while cash is in the machine, i have recently gone to make 2-3 withdrawals in our village of £350 and no receipt , which is fine if you write it down there and then, but if you dont and your bank statement arrives , then what , you have no way of checking if the 3rd withdrawal was legitimate :rant:

How about you just remember when you take out large amounts of cash...

I've never understood why people waste time going through their receipts. I've never seen the point of it.

And people insisting on holding on to their receipts for pointless things like...a bag of crisps. If you're looking at your bank statement and can't remember what you bought or, that you took 350 quid out of the bank around that date, you've got bigger problems than checking your receipts.

i.e. probably Alzheimers.

Archived