Cash machines , and a mandatory receipt

I hate receipts. The problem is the size of a roll of paper in the ATM is finite, so if you insist on dispensing a receipt with each withdrawal, the machine may have to stop dispensing cash because it's run out of paper. That would really annoy me (and millions of others). It is possible for the paper to run out before the cash if lots of people request mini-statements, or if it's a machine which also accepts deposits, when people are more likely to want a receipt.

A small notebook may be the best solution to this problem.

yes but sometimes no receipt follows or you get the button ......cash with no receipt as the only option

No it's not. There is another option. Cancel the transaction, take your card and go elsewhere.

Under the present scheme, if the machine has paper you can choose cash with a receipt or cash with no receipt or you can choose not to use that machine.

If the machine has no paper, you can choose cash with no receipt or you can choose not to use that machine.

Your suggestion eliminates the choice in the case that there is no paper.

How does that improve anything?

I've never understood why people waste time going through their receipts. I've never seen the point of it.

And people insisting on holding on to their receipts for pointless things like...a bag of crisps. If you're looking at your bank statement and can't remember what you bought or, that you took 350 quid out of the bank around that date, you've got bigger problems than checking your receipts.

i.e. probably Alzheimers.

thats not a funny quote as my dad has that terrible illness called alzheimers so please keep replys to a serious note

What a bizarre thread!! Ok, i can see why you might be a bit annoyed if you wanted a reciept and the machine was out of paper but for it to bother you enough to start a thread on here about is seems a bit OTT.

I know there are some pointless threads on here but this is just daft!!

If cash machines printed a receipt for every transaction, most of them would end up left in the machine or dropped on the floor.

The problem with the post is it's saying that receipts are more important than cash. I always get a receipt but I bet a lot of people don't. Those who never get a receipt wouldn't be able to get any cash if the machine couldn't issue a receipt, which is ludicrous. The OP seems to think the world banking system should be changed because he can't remember to carry a pen and piece of paper round with him just in case. I'm thinking of putting a post on at the end of year with the 10 most ridiculous suggestions this year on this forum. This has to be one of them.

thats not a funny quote as my dad has that terrible illness called alzheimers so please keep replys to a serious note

I wasn't trying to be funny:loopy:

I was being serious.

If you forget taking £350 out of the bank you clearly have some serious memory issues.

Archived