Government debt at highest ever..1 Trillion

Was there ever a New Labour...can't find a web site for them..yet the labour one is easy to get at...why do you think they needed a new marketing ploy?

Because people were wrongly impressed by the have today, pay tomorrow ways of the tories. Also I am amazed that you are unaware of the term "New Labour" . You must have led a sheltered life.

Because people were wrongly impressed by the have today, pay tomorrow ways of the tories. Also I am amazed that you are unaware of the term "New Labour" . You must have led a sheltered life.

But wasnt this a policy that Labour continued pushing? Especially Gordon?

Theres a difference between Capello salary and a bankers.

Capello is scrutinised by either media outlet and football pundit in the country. If he were a Premiership manager, every player (deal) he made it would be poured over by most of the country. If the player under performs and he sells him, every one knows the deficit.

Bankers, do deals we know nowt about. They trade in our commodities, they rape our pensions. Whether the deals are good or bad, they are not known by us. Their accountants find ingenius ways to stop us from knowing through their 500+ tax haven accounts. If the deals fail, we the tax payer pick up the loss.

If I was a football fan paying for overpriced tickets to watch mediocre matches I would be baying for Capello's blood, and the blood of every over paid manager and footballer in the business.

I know what New Labour were..they were invented 'cos "labour" as it stood didn't have a chance in hell of being elected....

There's a reason the Gvt always gets shaft... done in contracts with private service providers: if those Gvt types were skilled enough to do a good job (achieving such clauses and covenants as you suggest)...they'd be on the other side of the table working in the private sector instead :hihi:

You only have to look how skilled 'they' were at negotiating e.g. the contracts for those aircraft carriers ;)

You are spot on there. I worked for private contractors on MoD contracts for years and they are unbelievably incompetent, bureaucratic and wasteful, just like SCC. They couldn't buy a box of teabags without going out to consultation.

The Olympics, like The Dome, is a vanity project. I believe the cost is now nearer £12bn because the people who want the event don't want to hear bad news about the cost while they are puffing themselves up in the media.

In fairness to the organisers and contractors the site was ready well ahead of schedule and pretty much on budget. It's just that the budget had a lot of non construction items missing like security costs.

Archived