Are the B.B.C. news prejudiced against ugly people ?

I have thought this for some time as I have yet to see someone who is not good looking being a presenter on the news, especially the women presenters. Are looks discriminated against by the B.B.C. ? regardless of qualifications or suitability for the position of presenter ? Is this really fair to those that do not have near model looks but are more than qualified to do the job ?:huh:

There is enough wrong with this world that we have to look at ugly fat people on our tv. Human nature dictates that one seaks out the best one can get. Looking at a fat person busting out of thier clothes whilst delivering the news is not good. There are plenty of ugly people on the news anyway so I don't get the OP.

I have thought this for some time as I have yet to see someone who is not good looking being a presenter on the news, especially the women presenters. Are looks discriminated against by the B.B.C. ? regardless of qualifications or suitability for the position of presenter ? Is this really fair to those that do not have near model looks but are more than qualified to do the job ?:huh:

would you rather see some who looks like Anne Widdicom reading the news or Kate Silverton or Fiona Bruce..........:huh:

the BBC arent stupid....anyway its not just the BBC it all the channels isnt it ?

would you rather see some who looks like Anne Widdicom reading the news or Kate Silverton or Fiona Bruce..........:huh:

the BBC arent stupid....anyway its not just the BBC it all the channels isnt it ?

It is all the channels, yes Shaznay I agree but I find it wrong that only the pretty ones should be given these positions. I dont care who reads the news as long as it is factual and presented in a way that I can understand. A pretty wrapper does not mean that there is a delicious sweet inside it :huh: If it was down to a colour issue there would be uproar but just because someone isnt pretty, pretty yet fully qualified to do the job, they are dismissed ?

Well he's a bloke and he's just been sacked from morning TV. Probably above all for being 'boring'.

Fine, Claire Balding.

And Dianne Abbott appears regularly on This Week and she looks like a transvestite quite frankly.

I mean the reason why there are so many good looking women presenters is probably because Dianne Abbott brings the average down so much.

Archived