Are the B.B.C. news prejudiced against ugly people ?

would you rather see some who looks like Anne Widdicom reading the news or Kate Silverton or Fiona Bruce..........:huh:

the BBC arent stupid....anyway its not just the BBC it all the channels isnt it ?

I would use different people according to the severity of the news,for example using AW for matters such as health,Rab C Nesbit for welfare reform and Frank Bruno for education,

Not quite the same, more like 'way worse'. Sky only seem to hire thin blondes.

I like Gabby Roslin though because she knows what she is talking about coming from a footballing family ... and a bit of eye candy for the fellas :)

I don't think they have anything against ugly people at all, because I wouldn't say any of the presenters are drop dead gorgeous. There's the odd one that is good looking but most are just average and quite plain looking.

I agree. I think most of us "scrub up well" when we make an effort, and most of us would make an effort if were going to appear on TV.

I like Gabby Roslin though because she knows what she is talking about coming from a footballing family ... and a bit of eye candy for the fellas :)

DO you mean Gabby Logan, the daughter of former player for Leeds and Wales, Terry Yorath?

Or former Big Breakfast presenter Gabby Roslin?

Archived