Iranian blockade of persian gulf

or is this just the chest beating of yet another Arab State with ideas above its station.

Look at it from their point of view.

The US, Russia, China, the UK, Israel, North Korea, they all have nukes. So why can't we?

How would we react if Ahmadinejad forbade the UK from having a navy?

We in the West might have reasons for not wanting a nuclear equipped Iran (makes it harder to steal their oil for a start) but there's no reason they have to see it like that.

How close is Iran to having nuclear bomb capabilitiy. Should we assume that thier threat to blockade the Persian Gulf is a measure of thier nuclear capability or is this just the chest beating of yet another Arab State with ideas above its station. Will we or should we make a preemptive strike and destroy thier nuclear programme.

Yes we should, why wait till they have a nuke?

It all smacks of deja vu to me. "Iraq has weapons of mass destruction" and now "Iran is building nuclear weapons".

On the one hand why do we have the right to stick our beaks in other countries affairs? On the other, if Iran is really keen to develop nuclear power for energy, why don't we do like the French and install and manage our own on their behalf?

The US, Russia, China, the UK, Israel, North Korea, they all have nukes. So why can't we?

We in the West might have reasons for not wanting a nuclear equipped Iran (makes it harder to steal their oil for a start) but there's no reason they have to see it like that.

Using the same thought process, they have people that they fancy using them on.

We don't, and of course that's why Iran should shouldn't have a nuclear capability.

But how do we know for sure? I certainly don't know anyone high up in the Iranian government to ask and have to rely on what the Western media publish.

I wonder if our meddling in their affairs only makes matters worse?

We buy oil and they will use a nuclear bomb before the paints dry on the case.

But how do we know for sure? I certainly don't know anyone high up in the Iranian government to ask and have to rely on what the Western media publish.

I wonder if our meddling in their affairs only makes matters worse?

Putting aside the low level / high profile sponsoring of 3rd party terrorism against nations that Iran doesn't get on with, didn't their President say that Iran should 'wipe Israel off the map'?

Opinions on translation may differ, but the sentiment is clear, and I don't fancy Iran having nuclear weapons. Do you?

We don't, and of course that's why Iran should shouldn't have a nuclear capability.

Iran hasn`t started a war for over 300 years.Remind me again how that warmongering nation is a threat to us!!

Iran is just getting backed into a corner with inevitable consequences if it carries on.They have nuclear neighbours to the north,east and west.China will not stand idly by whilst their oil supply for an ever growing nation is severely disrupted.

Any attack on Iran by America or Israel(and subsequent retaliation the world over with suicide bombers) would undoubtedly send millions of refugees streaming over the border into Russia which then threatens their national security and they get involved.

Archived