Iranian blockade of persian gulf

... I would however feel very upset if my firearms were confiscated because of the antics of those idiots

I don't own any firearms because I have no use for one.

At one time (when I lived in the UK) I owned 4x7.62mm rifles, a 9mm pistol, about 10 .22 rifles, about half a dozen .22 single.shot pistols and 4 Beretta semi-automatic .22 pistols. I shot often - about 4 or 5 times a week.

I no longer shoot, so I don't bother owning a gun.

You could argue that I benefit from the deterrent offered by those of my neighbours who own guns - and I wouldn't contradict you. Owning a gun wouldn't make me feel more safe, however.

I accept the argument that - as a member of society - I should feel 'pain' or 'concern' at the loss of life amongst drug-dealers who shoot each other, but I seem to have a problem doing so. I have lived in areas where both gun ownership and gun crime were high, but I soon learned to be careful - and not to go outside at midnight on New Year's eve.:hihi:

You can fight your claim out with the International Atomic Energy Agency.

And that is really conclusive isn't it?

It uses words such as;

"possible military dimensions"

"some activities may still be ongoing."

"a huge quantity of information from a wide variety of independent sources."

Basically similar words to what was said from the allies about Iraq.

Basically they have said little about any ongoing bomb programme because they have so far not found any evidence and are just encouraging Iran to be open to dialogue.

A few months ago in the propaganda scare tactics it was reported that Iran was developing a nuclear detonator which is not needed for a bomb. In the past few days Hague announced that Iran had enriched uranium to 20%, which is an amazing feat since they can have no sample to test. 80%+ enrichment is needed for any viable bomb and that would take many years to produce even if they could.

The so called facts just don't add up.

I don't own any firearms because I have no use for one.

At one time (when I lived in the UK) I owned 4x7.62mm rifles, a 9mm pistol, about 10 .22 rifles, about half a dozen .22 single.shot pistols and 4 Beretta semi-automatic .22 pistols. I shot often - about 4 or 5 times a week.

I no longer shoot, so I don't bother owning a gun.

You could argue that I benefit from the deterrent offered by those of my neighbours who own guns - and I wouldn't contradict you. Owning a gun wouldn't make me feel more safe, however.

I accept the argument that - as a member of society - I should feel 'pain' or 'concern' at the loss of life amongst drug-dealers who shoot each other, but I seem to have a problem doing so. I have lived in areas where both gun ownership and gun crime were high, but I soon learned to be careful - and not to go outside at midnight on New Year's eve.:hihi:

Firing guns into the air on New Year's Eve is a Mexican thing but the penalties are very severe if caught.

I have a Glock, a.357 Smith and Wesson, 12 gauge shotgun and a little peashooter of a gun (a .22 Ruger rifle) all which I still go shooting with occasionally.

I shoot at indoor and outdoor ranges and sometimes go with a group up into the mountains to shoot up old abandoned fridges, washing machines and a couple of old wrecked Fords at an unsupervised range tucked away in the woods.

I taught my kids to shoot and my wife already knew how to handle a gun when I met her.

It's probably very hard for someone in Britain to understand why this kind of sport is so much fun and a popular pastime here but I've had a couple of friends visit from England over the years and taken them shooting and by the time they left they were hooked on it

Firing guns into the air on New Year's Eve is a Mexican thing but the penalties are very severe if caught...

They're pretty severe if you happen to be underneath a bullet on the way back down, too. :hihi:

There were usually 4 or 5 such incidents each New Year in the South Valley of Albuquerque when I lived there.

They're pretty severe if you happen to be underneath a bullet on the way back down, too. :hihi:

There were usually 4 or 5 such incidents each New Year in the South Valley of Albuquerque when I lived there.

******! You dont half talk some crap Rupert.:hihi:

...It's probably very hard for someone in Britain to understand why this kind of sport is so much fun and a popular pastime here but I've had a couple of friends visit from England over the years and taken them shooting and by the time they left they were hooked on it

It is - or was - a fairly expensive sport in the UK. I had access to a range at work for 9mm whenever I wanted it (providing it wasn't being used by other people) and I ran the small-bore club (hence the long list of .22 weapons.)

Rifle shooting meant going down to Bisley or to an Army range (Altcar wasn't too far from Sheffield) but - and particularly for those who had to buy their ammunition - full-bore rifle shooting was not cheap.

There are few places in England where you could just go into the hills and shoot - too crowded and too dangerous.

My point is: they knew how much damage a nuclear bomb caused and they still dropped the second one.

They could have used other means to stop the war, other than two nuclear bombs.

The USA used the fullest means available to them for 3 years to try to put an end to the war, what extra did you expect them to do?

Archived