Iranian blockade of persian gulf

I criticise actions when they are not justified.

Do you understand the shoah? was it justified?

People have made mistakes and have been evil throughout history, we should be able to point it out today.

I think that it is pitiable to try to compare the Holocaust with the allied actions during WW2.

My point is: they knew how much damage a nuclear bomb caused and they still dropped the second one.

They could have used other means to stop the war, other than two nuclear bombs.

Could you give us the benefit of your hindsight and tell us what those other means would have been?

History proves that even elected presidents can be dangerous like GW Bush or Hitler.

It has nothing to do with democracy. In fact the west has caused more deaths and damage than any other part of the world this is why they are today the strongest, the richest. They do not have lessons to give.

Again, sorry but you can't compare GW Bush with Hitler. Also Hitler may have come to power via democracy , but he soon destroyed it to stop any chance of him being removed.

Also your statement about the west causing more deaths seem to be based upon nothing more than your prejudice than any relation with the truth. In your world have China and the USSR never existed?

No I'm not comparing the two I'm saying being elected democratically isn't always an argument in favor of whoever is elected.

My statement is based on a simple fact: you can't really be the most powerful if you haven't used (a lot) of violence at some point in your history and disregarded ethics.

Most people actually consider Hitler to be a dictator you know! Anyway can you name a democracy that has ever committed atrocities on the scale of Hitler or Stalin? Also did you conveniently forget about countries like the USSR and China?

Archived