The Dangers of Being Gay

I think the best way you can do this is to accompany a really camp man around a really rough area one night. Then you'll be able, at first hand, to enter into debates with the bigots....Let us know how you go on.

You don't need to go to really rough areas to encounter cretins. Unless you count West Street as really rough.

If I was gay and knew that other people would beat me up because of it if I went into a certain bar or area I would stay away from the bar or area.

Whether I was gay or not, if I knew that if I went into a certain bar or area and was likely to be beaten up for going there, I would stay away from the bar or area.

Some years ago I was in a pub and 4 men (two of whom I knew; 1 was gay the other was not) - and I've no idea about (or interest in) the sexual preferences of the others -came into the pub. They had a couple of drinks and left.

A group of local 'yobboes' decided to 'teach them a lesson' for being gay.

Bad move.

There were lessons learned that night and 5 people were injured. None of the injured was a ballet dancer, however.

I think the best way you can do this is to accompany a really camp man around a really rough area one night. Then you'll be able, at first hand, to enter into debates with the bigots....Let us know how you go on.

Why do you suppose people in "rough " areas are more homophobic.Have you been cat-called in Chapeltown?

Whether I was gay or not, if I knew that if I went into a certain bar or area and was likely to be beaten up for going there, I would stay away from the bar or area.

Some years ago I was in a pub and 4 men (two of whom I knew; 1 was gay the other was not) - and I've no idea about (or interest in) the sexual preferences of the others -came into the pub. They had a couple of drinks and left.

A group of local 'yobboes' decided to 'teach them a lesson' for being gay.

Bad move.

There were lessons learned that night and 5 people were injured. None of the injured was a ballet dancer, however.

This is too cryptic for me?Is this some sort of fable or morality tale?

Being a professional male ballet dancer requires fitness, agility and strength. Lots of all three.

Some of them may look effeminate; some may be effeminate. They are - in general - not the sort of people you would want on the other side in a brawl. :hihi:

Well the Russian was enjoying the generosity of Margaret Fontaine despite a significant age gap.

Archived