Previous tenants debt

Was this property included in the inventory of the house, was it rented furnished or unfirnished?.

There is little doubt this is not your property but it is the landlord and previous tenants responsiblity to deal with this issue and you should present your identification and tenancy agreement and close the door.

Contact the company on who's behalf they are operating and tell them to remove their goods at their or the landlords expense.

It is not like your going to get much comfort from them knowing the crap it's causing.

Or turn around and say you bought them with cash some time ago and suprise suprise it's identical...:P

Why are so many people advising someone to do whatever they can to hold on to property, to which they almost certainly have no right?

I'm not advising the OP to keep hold of property- at the moment the OP doesn't even know whether the items are what the people in suits want the previous occupant for!

I'm advising the OP not to get involved and just to make sure that the people in suits know that the previous occupant is no longer there and therefore they have no business pursuing the OP any longer once they know that they are not the person that is being sought.

For all we know it could be credit card or store card debt and may have nothing to do with any furniture.

I might be wrong but I don't think a CCJ will allow bailiffs into the home of someone they have no issue with or debt owed by.

Not a chance in hell, if they did then its forcing entry and the police would arrest them straight away

Simple matter is, its nothing to do with you, show them your tenancy agreement and tell them that if they call again then the police will be called as its harassment

Show them your tenancy agreement, give them your landlords details, don't let them in and keep the stuff.....

Don't show them anything, just tell them to get lost as the people they are looking for no longer live at that address, yes its as simple as that ! What's the problem :confused:

Don't show them anything, just tell them to get lost as the people they are looking for no longer live at that address, yes its as simple as that ! What's the problem :confused:

They won't listen. They'll keep coming. The previous person, with the debt, could say that. I have been getting phone calls for years for the previous owner of my phone number. I've told them a million times I've never heard of them...

They won't listen. They'll keep coming. The previous person, with the debt, could say that. I have been getting phone calls for years for the previous owner of my phone number. I've told them a million times I've never heard of them...

I don't think they will keep coming when they have been reported to the police for harrassment do you ?

Archived