Unusual name of streets

The name of the road is Oughtibridge Lane but, curiously, the Ordnance Survey marks the hill as "Whalejaw Hill".

hiya where i lived prior to 1961 in the broomhall district there were a lot of historical names of streets and town and city names as ours was ,bath,victoria,exeter,monmouth,fitzwilliam,dorset,cavendish,clarence,cavendish,

aberdeen,milton,hanover,bolton,devonshire.filey,

ps there were also ,welllington ,bowden trafalgar,streets

hiya where i lived prior to 1961 in the broomhall district there were a lot of historical names of streets and town and city names as ours was bath, victoria, exeter, monmouth, fitzwilliam, dorset, cavendish, clarence, cavendish, aberdeen, milton, hanover, bolton, devonshire filey,
Hi willybite - some of these evidently show 19th century deference to royalty and the nobility (e.g. Queen Victoria was of the House of Hanover, the Cavendish dynasty are the Dukes of Devonshire, Lord Aberdeen was Prime Minister in the 1850s, the Earls Fitzwilliam had strong links with South Yorkshire and the Duke of Clarence would have married Princess May of Teck in 1892 if he hadn't died shortly before the wedding. His full title was Duke of Clarence and Avondale, and as his proposed marriage to Princess May was in the news when Clarence Road, Avondale Road and May Road in Hillsborough were being built, they were named after the royal couple (undaunted, May eventually married his brother instead).
Why Port Mahon - area near Hillsborough
This one has its own thread - it was evidently named after an 18th century sea battle (Mahón is the capital of Minorca)..

One unusual street name that I rather like is "Tree Root Walk" near the Royal Hallamshire Hospital.

I was born on Knutton Crescent on Parson Cross. Loads of roads on Cross,Southey,Fox Hill etc named after famous people from the past ,Wordsworth,Chaucer,Keates,Halifax,Southey etc etc etc but searched internet high and low for the name Knutton and found nothing ,anyone know where it comes from

Archived