Has anyone else moved away from google?

That has got to be the most unrelated topic ever posted to Sheffield Forum :hihi:

haha :D

I guess I get a bit worried by google and targeted advertising, but I guess currently I see it as a non financial price to pay for a decent free service, same with facebook and the like. A bit of infor for free photo hosting doesn't (currently) seem that bad.

I'd like to think that if I had to I could still go 'off grid' to some extent. what with new american laws coming through I can see more laymen coming to terms with TOR and onion networks whether their reasons are legit or not.

They won't beat the geeks and all they are doing is driving stuff underground.

On an unrelated topic does anyone install them donner kebab grills in private homes?

No need for it mate, you can do it in the confort of your own kitchen with a few simple tools.

Buy one of the 3 ton briquette makers used for making briquettes out of old newspaper.

Buy a random selection of the cheapest "meat" you can find and add to that 10% stuff you've run over and 60% other (get imaginative - toenail clippings, poster paint, unwanted shoes, sawdust, lint from tumble driers..the choices are endless)

Stuff it all in the briquette maker and press it down, hey presto! Your own donner slab.

Now all you need to do is heat it up on your domestic grill for a few hours each day (turn every half hour) on a low setting for 3 to 4 weeks, leaving it on the windowsill when you're not grilling it.

After a couple of months grab yourself a pitta and some chilli sauce, slice off as much as you want and stick it in an uncovered frying pan on very low heat for about 5 hours, then scoop it into the pitta and enjoy. :)

No need for it mate, you can do it in the confort of your own kitchen with a few simple tools.

Buy one of the 3 ton briquette makers used for making briquettes out of old newspaper.

Buy a random selection of the cheapest "meat" you can find and add to that 10% stuff you've run over and 60% other (get imaginative - toenail clippings, poster paint, unwanted shoes, sawdust, lint from tumble driers..the choices are endless)

Stuff it all in the briquette maker and press it down, hey presto! Your own donner slab.

Now all you need to do is heat it up on your domestic grill for a few hours each day (turn every half hour) on a low setting for 3 to 4 weeks, leaving it on the windowsill when you're not grilling it.

After a couple of months grab yourself a pitta and some chilli sauce, slice off as much as you want and stick it in an uncovered frying pan on very low heat for about 5 hours, then scoop it into the pitta and enjoy. :)

I don't agree with your politics but I now love you forever :)

I used to use Googlesharing, but there's no version for the most up to date versions of Firefox unfortunately, so now I use Scroogle for web searches.

On another slightly more related note than donner kebab grills, the news that O2 send your mobile number to any website that you visit using your mobile phone is not good. I'm hoping for a way around that one soon too.

Archived