Someone Just Logged Onto My Facebook Account In Manchester

Whenever I log in to my facebook account using Opera Mini (rather than O2 direct) it gives me an alert that someone's logged in to my account from Zurich, even though it was me and I'm in my living room. If it was you that logged in near enough the time it gave you then I wouldn't worry about it.

I received the text message just after I logged in. I always get one if I've cleared the history or run a scan. But it usually says someone logged in in Sheffield...It'll be nowt then..........

Also, if you have the Facebook app on a mobile like Iphone or an Android.. it can connect to facebook wherever it pleases on a 3G connection, this in itself can lead to some weird place names appearing.. then there's also the possibility of your phone jumping onto any free open wi-fi spots as you're passing (or in MacDonalds or somewhere similar) and the app doing the same thing.

Also, if you have the Facebook app on a mobile like Iphone or an Android.. it can connect to facebook wherever it pleases on a 3G connection, this in itself can lead to some weird place names appearing.. then there's also the possibility of your phone jumping onto any free open wi-fi spots as you're passing (or in MacDonalds or somewhere similar) and the app doing the same thing.

Just tested this, signed in on my mobile, it gave me an active session from aprrox. York. Turned my phone off and on, signed in again, got another active session from London, so I had 3, the one being me on my computer, one in York, and one in London. I guess your phone gets a new IP address every time you connect to the internet?

Just tested this, signed in on my mobile, it gave me an active session from aprrox. York. Turned my phone off and on, signed in again, got another active session from London, so I had 3, the one being me on my computer, one in York, and one in London. I guess your phone gets a new IP address every time you connect to the internet?

Yeah you'll get a new IP each time you turn on your phone, though it is possible to get the same one back especially if you turn off and back on in relative short sucession..

Archived