How much roughly is housing & c.t benefit?

I'm guessing salts has got the exact amounts wrong. but for the fact he says BASIC jsa & esa I can pretty much guarenteed they will get full Lha & council tax (unless they have another source of income or savings over £6000)

There is another issue here aswell salts. It's bad enough that theyre already £150 per month short but the £395 is not paid monthly. HB is paid fortnightly x 26 payments a year so they will actually only get £182 per fortnight paid. This means every other month only 2 payments will go in (£364) so on those alternate months theyll be nearly £200 short. Unless they have rich generous parents or can find work quite quickly they may have to think about finding some cheaper accomodation.

It's no comfort I know, but a lot of people are in the same boat (and even more to come.)

Make sure you get a sympathetic advisor, don't lose your rag if their attitude is off, and get advice from more than one source.

It's so complicated even the most up to date advisor may miss something.

Archived