Where to go for valentine day with my loved one?

Sebastian10

Valentine's Day is by far the worst day of the year to eat out, so don't take her to a restaurant.

Think about it - each restaurant is full of tables for two, so service is much slower than usual. Plus most places will have had to rearrange their tables into twos, so you'll more than likely be rammed up next to the couple next to you, with no room to breathe.

On top of that, restaurants usually put on an overpriced set menu, so you'll be paying more than usual for lower-quality food.

If you're going to eat out, go to a "non-romantic" place where groups of friends are likely to be eating, not couples. Last year I ended up in the Old House entirely by chance, as my partner and I had forgotten it was Valentine's Day. We had a brilliant meal at normal prices in great surroundings, and there were only a couple of other tables in - both mixed groups, rather than couples.

Best of all, cook her something at home. Go to a bit of effort - set the table with flowers and candles, chill a bottle of something fizzy and dress up in a nice suit. Make some canapes (even something simple like smoked salmon and cream cheese, or a bowl of olives and breadsticks) for her to nibble on in the lounge with a glass of wine, while you take charge in the kitchen.

It doesn't have to be fancy, and if you're not a great cook you could get something ready-prepared from the likes of M&S. But it'll be far cheaper and much more special.

I hope my boyfriend is reading this!

whiteroses is spot on with that. I got fed up of being ripped off on Valentine's night in restaurants - they put the prices up and have less choice (usually because it's a table d'hote Valentine's menu) and you could do far better actually.

Take her to Huddersfield to watch the Blades and buy her a pie!

At The Wick at Both Ends we have tried to create a Valentine's experience that will be special, and a bit different, without ripping you off.

We're offering a Special Wick & Mix Menu for the night for just £30 for two people. You'll get his'n'hers cocktails on arrival, and three courses of Wick & Mix, and coffee!

Please click on this link to find out more.

http://www.facebook.com/events/178653542242337/

x:love:x

Archived