Modern pressure within work places.

I work for my self and have had people working for me and it is no fun being a boss I can assure you,some times the workers have made more than me by the time I have paid everything,and to get good staff is a nightmare things like ringing up on Monday morning saying they have d and v when you have a load of work booked in for the day, loosing and damaging tools,and not looking after your vans loads of things that people don't think about,most people think just because you run a busyness you are loaded its just not true,the pressure on an employee is nothing compared to the pressure a boss is under.

Ever thought why employees do the things they do? I might give you some insight into what kind of employer you are and how the employees see you as an employer and person. Think about it.

Mecky I have thought about them things for years I have had some good lads working for me for years and got on with them as a friend,there is a hard line to keep as an employer you have to be a bit stand off sometimes as you have to make some not so favorable decisions at times, then you have the ups and and downs of work were one week you are busy and the next you are not,I always try to pay the going rate and more if the jobs will make it,why some of them do what they do baffles me, I think it is a hard job ours and basically some lads are just not up to it physically and sometimes mentally,

Mecky I have thought about them things for years I have had some good lads working for me for years and got on with them as a friend,there is a hard line to keep as an employer you have to be a bit stand off sometimes as you have to make some not so favorable decisions at times, then you have the ups and and downs of work were one week you are busy and the next you are not,I always try to pay the going rate and more if the jobs will make it,why some of them do what they do baffles me, I think it is a hard job ours and basically some lads are just not up to it physically and sometimes mentally,

If employing people is so hard and the rewards so poor then why do you martyr yourself?

I suspect the reality is quite different than you would have us believe.

Archived