RSPB Big Garden Birdwatch - 28-29 Jan 2012

I will be doing it this year,i love feeding the birdsspend ages watchibg them while i'm working i'm very lucky.....

At present i have sparrows,bluetits,greenfinch,pigeons,robins,blackbirds,chaffinch,doves,great tits,2 great spotted woodpeckers,long-tailed tits,thrushes,goldfinches,coal tits and the odd starling.....

Wierd used to get quite a few starlings but not anymore....

Costs me a fortune but well worth it....

Stocks doves. About a dozen of them. Sitting on my gutters waiting for food and pooping all over the patio. Lots of blackbirds, wood pigeons, collared doves, assorted tits, dunnocks, robins. All nice with chips and ketchup.

A couple of years ago, we had greenfinches and a pair of bullfinches nesting in the tree. Now, we only seem to get starlings, blackbirds, robins, blue tits, collared doves, pigeons, house sparrows, magpies and, if we are lucky, the occasional great tit and blackcap.

For the photos, visit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/49483123@N02/page4/

What a great selection of picture you have there - Thanks for sharing! I really like the starling pictures. I can't remember the last time I saw these birds in my area :(

What a great selection of picture you have there - Thanks for sharing!

Thanks. YW.

I really like the starling pictures. I can't remember the last time I saw these birds in my area :(

I can't stand starlings, so I wish I could say the same:D

I can't stand starlings, so I wish I could say the same:D

Yes, I bet they can be pests in the garden. When I think about starlings I tend to think about the magnificent flocking displays prior to roosting and not about them being the scavengers that they are.

We've had very few starlings this year & I have no idea why as we usually have loads of the noisy, mucky little chavs (I still like them though). It's been the same with siskins and goldfinches too, don't know what's going on. Loads of chaffinches though which is good to see as they seemed particularly badly hit by the trichomonosis virus.

Looking forward to the birdwatch!

A couple of years ago, we had greenfinches and a pair of bullfinches nesting in the tree. Now, we only seem to get starlings, blackbirds, robins, blue tits, collared doves, pigeons, house sparrows, magpies and, if we are lucky, the occasional great tit and blackcap.

For the photos, visit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/49483123@N02/page4/

Your pictures are fabulous!

Archived