RSPCA change their rules

Royal Society for the Procurement of Cash Assets!!

How can the 8th largest charity with a turnover of 114 million a year do this?

Sunday, 15 January 2012

IT'S OFFICIAL; RSPCA TO BE PRIMARILY A PROSECUTING CHARITY

The RSPCA is to turn away unwanted and stray pets from its animal shelters to cut costs, it emerged yesterday.

The charity said it would focus more on caring for animals seized from owners after being cruelly treated

Yesterday the RSPCA defended its new rules, which will be introduced at 17 national animal centres in England and Wales, and said it wanted to make owners take more responsibility for their pets.

'Our highest priority is to look after the animals that most need help, the pets and other animals rescued by our inspectors from cruelty and neglect,' a spokesman said.

'That is the RSPCA's core aim and that has not changed.'

From next month, pets belonging to people taken to hospital, evicted from their homes or who are unable to cope with them will not be allowed to be left at the RSPCA centres.

Taken from here http://rspcainjustice.blogspot.com/

--------------------------------------------------------------

Whats your views?

Ive long held the opinion that unlike every other animal charity i know of, the rspca seem less caring, more cash driven and far more aggressive than any other.

Ive called them a few times about someone i know who beats his dogs but because i was honest and said i only saw him hit them with a stick the once, they said that dosent constitue abuse and so they wont visit.

This is dispite several other calls from other poeple who also told themn he was beating his dogs.:loopy:

Royal Society for the Procurement of Cash Assets!!

How can the 8th largest charity with a turnover of 114 million a year do this?

Sunday, 15 January 2012

IT'S OFFICIAL; RSPCA TO BE PRIMARILY A PROSECUTING CHARITY

The RSPCA is to turn away unwanted and stray pets from its animal shelters to cut costs, it emerged yesterday.

The charity said it would focus more on caring for animals seized from owners after being cruelly treated

Yesterday the RSPCA defended its new rules, which will be introduced at 17 national animal centres in England and Wales, and said it wanted to make owners take more responsibility for their pets.

'Our highest priority is to look after the animals that most need help, the pets and other animals rescued by our inspectors from cruelty and neglect,' a spokesman said.

'That is the RSPCA's core aim and that has not changed.'

From next month, pets belonging to people taken to hospital, evicted from their homes or who are unable to cope with them will not be allowed to be left at the RSPCA centres.

Taken from here http://rspcainjustice.blogspot.com/

--------------------------------------------------------------

Whats your views?

Ive long held the opinion that unlike every other animal charity i know of, the rspca seem less caring, more cash driven and far more aggressive than any other.

Ive called them a few times about someone i know who beats his dogs but because i was honest and said i only saw him hit them with a stick the once, they said that dosent constitue abuse and so they wont visit.

This is dispite several other calls from other poeple who also told themn he was beating his dogs.:loopy:

I'm assuming 'plod' doesn't want to know about the abuse you reported?

Many years ago, I contacted the RSPCA regarding a stray dog, and they didn't want to know then either! They just said take it down the nick!

I'm assuming 'plod' doesn't want to know about the abuse you reported?

Many years ago, I contacted the RSPCA regarding a stray dog, and they didn't want to know then either! They just said take it down the nick!

Unfortunatly plod said it was an RSPCA matter.

101 said the same.

Unfortunately, this will lead to more and more animals being dumped, drowned etc. More kitty's dumped in boxes or rivers, dogs tied to railings for days on end. Makes no sense at all to me, owners take them to rspca, get turned away, dump poor animal which will then get picked up by the rspca because it's been badly treated, starved etc. Why make them go through all the pain before they'll accept them?

Its sounds like it as had to make a decision on how to prioritise where it spends money, it doesn’t have a bottomless pit of money to spend.

Soaring numbers of abandoned animals in the last year have contributed to growing pressure on the charity's finances.

Donations from the public have also fallen because of the recession.

Bringing in a license would not stop back yard breeders nor stop those who buy from these sorts of places buying animals from them.

Something needs to be done. I don't want to seem heartless,but 20 million cats n dogs in the UK,to a population of 60+million?

Playing devils advocate on this issue - smacking/hitting a dog isn't abuse. Regardless of everyones "oh yes it is" "how would you feel " remarks to follow.

I'm not saying it's right but it isn't abuse unless it's a downright beating of the animal, i know loads of dog owners who tap the dog with a stick or walk with a stick to control the dog or yank on its collar,shepherds still use a crook on working dogs.

Hence why they probably had reservations to respond by the Inspectors.

The RSPCA have never officially been a stray dog charity,thats your councils job. They have always been a protection institution, and since the rise in the modern trend to report every barking dog or tethered horse they obviously need to rationalise the corporate structure.

It's not good for the rescue "industry" but as some of the inspectors and RSPCA branches are beyond useless in practical terms it won't make a lot of difference. We've (rescue community) have been gearing up for it for the past 12 months.

Archived