Kindle/e-reader

I have to say I am not yet sold on an e-reader even though I love new tech and have been an early adopter in the past.

I have a library card and access to the on-line search & reserve system

http://library.sheffield.gov.uk/uhtbin/webcat

Any book I feel like reading , I lookup and add to my reserve list and they deliver it to Broomhill library and send me a message to tell me it is ready...

All for free...

Until e-books drop in price drastically , I will stick to old fashioned real books.

That's exactly what I used to do until I had a Kindle bought for me at Christmas. I have now downloaded 20 books lot's of them free and it is so easy to just take my Kindle with me wherever I go. I also have some cookery books on so when we go to our caravan they are still with me. They are also easier to read in bed at night as if you fall asleep they shut down and save your page something that I have found very useful.:hihi:. Another plus point is that if you have several books on the go at once it remembers what page you are on I wouldn't be without mine well worth my Husbands money.

You cant go wrong with a Kindle, it is what it is.

If you want something more but dont want to pay £400, just wait till the Kindle Fire is released in europe (check Amazon US) The fire is Kindles version of the Ipad but for less than half the cost. It looks fantastic.

I think i can say that i will be purchasing when its available.

Is it? I don't know anything about I-Pads, but I thought they had 3-G or 4-G or whatever way you connect direct to the Internet?

The Kindle Fire has Wi-Fi. OK if you're at home or near a hotspot, but otherwise you've no internet connection.

I love my kindle, my husband surprised me with it before I was due to have our daughter last year, fantastic 'push' present hehe. They're so much easier than books but I'll often have a massive download session and so end up with loads of books I'm desperate to read all at once. It's very tempting to flick between them and I've had to stop myself and be firm with myself lol

The linked tablet is absolutely dreadful and frankly the web browser on my Kindle is probably better.

You don't own one so you cannot make such a statement.

I wasn't suggesting the tablet was better than the iPad, I was simply stating that it had a better overall review score than the iPad on Amazon, despite you saying that all the reviews said it was terrible.

Archived