If animals not meant to be eaten by humans, why are they made of meat ??

No need to patronise MrSmith it was only an observation sir.

In which case the food replaces the money as payment so either way, making a living involves a payment.

Exactly, early man and other animals are paid for their hard work in food, therefore they make a living.

Exactly, early man and other animals are paid for their hard work in food, therefore they make a living.

Nice try. Early man wasn't being paid for his work. He hunted he killed he ate. The food wasn't presented as a reward for the work involved in killing it, it was his because he killed it.

Animals being rewarded with food do not regard it as a payment to them it's natural to get some of the kill whether it is shot with a gun or scooped from a tin.

How well do you think it would sit with a prospective employer when he asks what you've done in the past.

'Well for the last 18 months i've been eating food for a living.'

Nice try. Early man wasn't being paid for his work. He hunted he killed he ate. The food wasn't presented as a reward for the work involved in killing it, it was his because he killed it.

Animals being rewarded with food do not regard it as a payment to them it's natural to get some of the kill whether it is shot with a gun or scooped from a tin.

How well do you think it would sit with a prospective employer when he asks what you've done in the past.

But making doesn't have to involve payment:

• make a bed
  • make a fire
  • make a kill
  • make a living

No money need be involved.

But making doesn't have to involve payment:

• make a bed
  • make a fire
  • make a kill
  • make a living

No money need be involved.

Not in the first three no, these relate to objects or things but that fourth one does.

If a crook goes straight he makes an honest living. He no longer steals, he now works to earn money.

They didn't all hunt, some did other things and for the work they did they was given food, the whole pride of lions doesn't hunt yet some are rewarded with food for what they do. To make a living one doesn't need to be given money.

They didn't all hunt, some did other things and for the work they did they was given food, the whole pride of lions doesn't hunt yet some are rewarded with food for what they do. To make a living one doesn't need to be given money.

Nope your losing it now. In the case of man we feed members of the family whether they earn it or not. I don't feed my son if he does something for it; although that would slash the bill in half. I feed friends that visit as a gesture of that friendship.

With most animals it's a case of if there's any food left you can have some unless they have young to feed.

Nope your losing it now. In the case of man we feed members of the family whether they earn it or not. I don't feed my son if he does something for it; although that would slash the bill in half. I feed friends that visit as a gesture of that friendship.

With most animals it's a case of if there's any food left you can have some unless they have young to feed.

So now you are saying a housewife and mother doesn’t work for a living, which is the same as making a living.

So now you are saying a housewife and mother doesn’t work for a living, which is the same as making a living.

No I never said that but seeing as you brought it up. No she doesn't and neither did I when I was unemployed. I worked in the house as does a housewife but I wasn't making a living from it.

Yes. That's exactly the point we've been making for the last two pages. Making a living does not have to mean being paid to do something; it means acquiring what you need in order to survive.

Yes. That's exactly the point we've been making for the last two pages. Making a living does not have to mean being paid to do something; it means acquiring what you need in order to survive.

Read all the posts. MrSmith suggested that payment came in the form of food for work done in which case the food replaces the money as payment therefore making a living is still paid.

Archived