If animals not meant to be eaten by humans, why are they made of meat ??

Read all the posts. MrSmith suggested that payment came in the form of food for work done in which case the food replaces the money as payment therefore making a living is still paid.

If you are now agreeing with us, why are you still trying to maintain that survival and making a living are not the same thing? :huh:

If you are now agreeing with us, why are you still trying to maintain that survival and making a living are not the same thing? :huh:

I'm not agreeing with you, the trouble is Mr S keeps throwing curve balls so the thread loses its way. I still maintain that animals do not make a living. They exist only to survive.

Not in the first three no, these relate to objects or things but that fourth one does.

If a crook goes straight he makes an honest living. He no longer steals, he now works to earn money.

Yes and? Whats that got to do with the distinct phrase 'make a living' which makes no reference to money or honesty?

"The first step in domestication could have happened without any planning at all. Hanging around a Stone Age hunting camp and living on scraps left by people would have been an easy way for a wolf to make a living."

“If we are to understand how dolphins make a living in their environment, it is important to understand how dolphins communicate with each other,” said John Finnerty, a BU biology professor.

And you don’t need to be an expert to know that bears can’t live off of snow. In essence, bears are trying to make a living in the only places where there are edible green things growing, where elk are calving, and/or where they can find carrion – which all happen to be at lower elevations, especially this year.

Hunter-Gatherers = groups that make a living exclusively on wild foods and animals.

Maybe you should get in contact with all the people who wrote the quoted text to tell that that they're wrong to use the phrase "make a living" in any sense other than a human, monetary one.

Yes and? Whats that got to do with the distinct phrase 'make a living' which makes no reference to money or honesty?

It has everything to do with the phrase doesn't it. Make a living stealing money or items to sell on for money. Make an 'honest' living earning money in the conventional way.

"The first step in domestication could have happened without any planning at all. Hanging around a Stone Age hunting camp and living on scraps left by people would have been an easy way for a wolf to make a living."

“If we are to understand how dolphins make a living in their environment, it is important to understand how dolphins communicate with each other,” said John Finnerty, a BU biology professor.

And you don’t need to be an expert to know that bears can’t live off of snow. In essence, bears are trying to make a living in the only places where there are edible green things growing, where elk are calving, and/or where they can find carrion – which all happen to be at lower elevations, especially this year.

Hunter-Gatherers = groups that make a living exclusively on wild foods and animals.

Maybe you should get in contact with all the people who wrote the quoted text to tell that that they're wrong to use the phrase "make a living" in any sense other than a human, monetary one.

Or maybe you should understand that the phrase is being used purely to put across a convention that we are familiar with. We find it easier to understand a way of life however alien if we liken it to that of modern man,it's what we do. Our way of life and the terms we use to describe aspects of it are simply transferred

Geuine question to the vegitarians and the virgins who refuse to eat anything meat related.

If animals are not meant to be eaten by humans, then why are they made of meat, and why does a pig (for example) taste so good when it is in a sandwich with eggs and brown sauce?

Metal is not supposed to be consumed, and human excrement is not meant to be eaten - if you do try to eat it you will vomit.

I don't agree with the imhumane way animals are treat, however I don't have a leg to stand on when I enjoy a sunday roast at the weekend, and chicken korma is my favourite food

Humans are made of meat, some people eat meat and it is called canibalism so why don't we eat humans as well.

Or maybe you should understand that the phrase is being used purely to put across a convention that we are familiar with. We find it easier to understand a way of life however alien if we liken it to that of modern man,it's what we do. Our way of life and the terms we use to describe aspects of it are simply transferred

Maybe you should understand that repetition is not the same as substantiation and repeatedly declaring that "survival and making a living are not the same thing" and that "Making a living is linked to earning money to live on and relates specifically to humans" in the face of abundant evidence that the phrase relates neither specifically to humans or payment just makes you look silly.

Maybe you should understand that repetition is not the same as substantiation and repeatedly declaring that "survival and making a living are not the same thing" and that "Making a living is linked to earning money to live on and relates specifically to humans" in the face of abundant evidence that the phrase relates neither specifically to humans or payment just makes you look silly.

I don't think there's any hope of him understanding anything, at this point. Everyone else on the entire forum can clearly see how nonsensical his argument is, so I suggest we drop it and move on.

Archived