Do Other Peoples Kids Annoy You?

On the times when the wife and I are round and about, restaurants or in stores shopping or such one thing that I notice is that a lot of kids today misbehave and will not do as they are told.Their parents seem unable to handle them,not all kids of course but the ones that do play up and seem out of control,I think a short sharp smack on the legs would do it but that would upset the liberals and tree huggers I suppose!.Thinking back to when our kids were small I wonder if we had a blind spot for our childrens behaviour and no tolerance for other peoples is this a common thing do you think,I remember the sister in laws kids I could have cheerfully strangled them and thought nothing about it,anybody on the Forum ever feel this way or is it me again??.:confused::roll:

I've never been a fan of other peoples kids tbh, I think its initially because I don't know what to do with them or how to handle them, and then because I can't say anything to control them, like I can with my own, can't have a stern word with them etc. I don't even like holding other people's babies, as I feel I don't do it right :hihi:

I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond words... When I was young, we were taught to be discreet and respectful of elders, but the present youth are exceedingly wise disrespectful and impatient of restraint

Im constantly shocked at the behaviour of other peoples children. Why they can all behave as well and as respectful as my two ill never know.

Oh, i do know, they have trailer trash parents who dont care for anything other than where the next benefit payment is coming from.

Poor little sods have no chance.

I'm not too keen on my own since she's been with somebody else for a few days :suspect:

apparently, stamping your feet and screaming is how you get adults to do whatever you want :rant:

When Nana arrived, H was perfectly capable of pointing at and naming whatever it was that she required - so how the heck did that get so screwed up so quickly? :confused:

at bedtime last night she screamed herself into such a frenzy she was nearly sick too

Yes ... even though at one time I used to be a mid day supervisor and spent all day voluntarily in school helping with readers, displays and setting up a library system on the pc.

I loved being around them .. but now I don't have that position any more I can't for the life of me think why I loved it so much !!!

It's not kids that annoy me but anyone of any age who doesn't know how to behave. Children are no more a problem in restaurants than anyone else who stares at what I'm eating, makes a noise that impinges on my peaceful enjoyment of my leisure time or who generally makes a nuisance of themselves. This may be an adult, a youth, a child or babe in arms, it matters not their age just that they, or their parents, are selfish and do not know how to behave.

Lot's of kids running about and making noise is annoying, but it really depends on the setting. Whilst I'm not condoning actual bad behaviour I think a lot of people just expect silence from kids when in public.

My son is very loud, we suspect he may have a hearing problem but he's a bit young to diagnose yet. He was giving it his usual 80dB the other week when we were eating out and I did noticed an older couple nearby giving the old sly look and tutting. To diffuse matters I leant over and very politely told them that as they were in a <removed>family theme restaurant on a saturday afternoon they should not be surprised that kids were there to enjoy themselves also. Furthermore if they required tranquility to go with there pub grub they should try establishments that didn't offer two meals for a tenner.

I've never been a fan of other peoples kids tbh, I think its initially because I don't know what to do with them or how to handle them, and then because I can't say anything to control them, like I can with my own, can't have a stern word with them etc. I don't even like holding other people's babies, as I feel I don't do it right :hihi:

By the throat isn't in the manual is it.

Archived