Phone calls I keep getting?

Sometimes such calls leave a number. NEVER call them back if you missed a call as it could cost you loads. Some foreign call centres have automated dialling. A computer calls up numbers so that as soon as someone in the call centre becomes free , they immediately have another call. That could be why there was nobody there, all were engaged in calls.

If you do ever speak to one, do not be afraid to be very rude.

Thanks folks, I'm already registered with the TPS, we're thinking about going ex directory.

I'm just glad I have caller display on the phone, untill I go ED I'll carry on ignoring the calls...:)

I had one about half an hour ago, like you I am already registered with TPS but we have been getting them every day for the last couple of weeks sometimes two a day. It is just a bit annoying isn't it rather than anything else.

Thanks folks, I'm already registered with the TPS, we're thinking about going ex directory.

That still won't help with these sort of nuisance calls; the computer will be set up to dial (for instance) 0111 243 and all ten thousand combinations that follow that. They won't even know if numbers exist, let alone whether they're ex-directory or not.

Caller display is about the only useful tool against this nuisance, since any call that shows as being from an international source can be ignored. (As you are already doing!)

Archived