So is 6000 'subway' jobs going to ease unemployment?

I hear the 'Subway' will be opening loads of new stores, and the politicians are kind of crowing about it. Are those jobs really going to ease unemployment. I think perhaps not. Would you choose to work in subway, for probably minimum wage.....weekend and all hours!....Nope...not me!

I hear the 'Subway' will be opening loads of new stores, and the politicians are kind of crowing about it. Are those jobs really going to ease unemployment. I think perhaps not. Would you choose to work in subway, for probably minimum wage.....weekend and all hours!....Nope...not me!

They have also been happy with the fact Asda is setting more people on, I’m not sure whether its occurred to them that when Asda or Subway expand the likely consequence is that someone that offers a similar service will contract and may need to lay staff off.

Your attitude shows exactly what's wrong with country. If you are unemployed you should not have the right to choose which job you want to do, you should take whatever you're offered.

did it mention whether they get paid or not, as we have a government that supplies staff for £49 a week.

Archived