RBS chief gets £963,000 bonus

People need to ask themselves what they are really bothered about - one million quid bonus to one man or the billions involved in the business and how they affect other businesses and individuals?

If a new CEO doubled the share capital in the next 12 months how would you feel about him getting a three million quid bonus?

Not the same proportion though, have you ever received over 80% of your salary as a bonus?

No, but like most people, my company paid me a bonus of a few hundred quid last year. If we have a good year it pays for a holiday, if we have a bad one it pays my gas bill!

Whoever you work for, there'll be someone at the top of the tree who gets paid far more than you do. Why get worked up about it?

Whoever you work for, there'll be someone at the top of the tree who gets paid far more than you do. Why get worked up about it?

Getting paid far more than the lower paid workers is fine. 10 times more, hell even 20 times as much, that's ok. I do rather object to CEOs being paid 100 times as much though. I think that's a little excessive.

No, but like most people, my company paid me a bonus of a few hundred quid last year. If we have a good year it pays for a holiday, if we have a bad one it pays my gas bill!

And that is exactly why they get away with it...because people are quite happy to be taken for mugs...

I would love to live in a more equitable world, but this is something that is not in the control of the RBS, or the UK Government. Money makes the world go round I'm afraid!

But isn't it odd that no one blinks an eye when a top footballer gets paid £250,000/week by a top ranking club?. That's perhaps because they know if the top men are paid less they simply move on to another club that will pay their worth and their old club soon becomes another Sheffield Wednesday.

And that is exactly why they get away with it...because people are quite happy to be taken for mugs...

Why am I being taken for a mug? I don't have an account with RBS so it's none of my business how much they pay their boss, nor does it affect the amount of tax I pay? It's no more relevant than complaining about how overpoaid footballers or actors are!

But isn't it odd that no one blinks an eye when a top footballer gets paid £250,000/week by a top ranking club?. That's perhaps because they know if the top men are paid less they simply move on to another club that will pay their worth and their old club soon becomes another Sheffield Wednesday.

The case of footballers is exactly the same as this RBS chap. Right or wrong, we live in a world where you have to pay a certain amount to get the top people, otherwise they will just go elsewhere.

I personally hate the fact that footballers get such vastly inflated salaries for kicking a ball around. But there's nothing anyone can do about it!

Archived