What to do on a weekend in York?

Screw all that poncy crap, I am with Jenjenz! Get yourself a massive pile of cash and hit the Evil Eye lounge!

the Evil Eye is highly over-rated.

if you like cocktails, there is the Blue Fly, Dusk, Montys Rock Cafe

There are over 80 places to drink in York - why fight the tourists when you can find absolute gems around about the place.

And while you're on Stonegate, make sure you find The House of Trembling Madness. You have to go through a shop and up the stairs at the back to get to it. It's one of the oddest pubs I've ever been in, but completely fantastic

http://www.tremblingmadness.co.uk/index.html

My sisters went to York a few weeks ago and said they discovered this place so they went in for a drink and really liked it. They didn't eat but they saw meals being brought out and they all looked really good so The House of Trembling Madness is definitely on my to-do list next time I'm in York! :)

Well I hit the Evil Bar and sampled a couple of cocktails including the Acid Frog! Very nice too. Funky little place worth a visit.

Also dined at the Blue Bicycle. A little hit and miss- great starter but disappointing main. Pricey too which is ok if its all good. I'd try elsewhere before going back. Good service and atmosphere though.

My sisters went to York a few weeks ago and said they discovered this place so they went in for a drink and really liked it. They didn't eat but they saw meals being brought out and they all looked really good so The House of Trembling Madness is definitely on my to-do list next time I'm in York! :)

I've not eaten there but when I've been virtually everyone was eating so the food could be good, although strangely they haven't really got a kitchen and it's all prepared on a tiny little unit behind the bar. It's one of the quirkiest pubs I've been in.

Well I hit the Evil Bar and sampled a couple of cocktails including the Acid Frog! Very nice too. Funky little place worth a visit.

Also dined at the Blue Bicycle. A little hit and miss- great starter but disappointing main. Pricey too which is ok if its all good. I'd try elsewhere before going back. Good service and atmosphere though.

Excellent! Glad you enjoyed the Evil Eye and its Acid Frog :P

Archived