"Join us on Facebook"? - not with my embarassing wall!

Twitter has a different purpose. It's more for interacting with people & organisations that you don't know personally, keeping up with news or for broadcasting to the public. Apples & oranges.

It seems to be, also, for desperate people wanting to get some sort of response from a celeb they like...:D

It seems to be, also, for desperate people wanting to get some sort of response from a celeb they like...:D

It can be used a lot of different ways.

The main advantage twitter has is that relationships are one-way, you can follow what somebody has to say without having to be best mates & them caring about what you say.

So it's great for celebrities who can talk to their fans without having to bother about what their fans want to say back to them.

is my laptop unique, it will not connect to facebook it just says the page is unavailable, it was apparently ok a couple of days ago but not now, would that make it more valuable if i sold it ? it is there on the other laptops in the house and on the phones and the desktop just not on my laptop.

Thanks to PMs I reckon I have now configured my Facebook account to display minimal information when joining groups.

Oh and I've added a "cover". whooh get me!

I've also found the "view as" button on the timeline - the cog/settings drop down.

Still can't say I'm happy about having to use Facebook credentials to join a serious activity group. I'd rather keep my obscene online friends (love 'em really), work colleagues and political activities very separate.

I don't know how long that picture of a pierced private part was showing on my wall before I found it earlier today ...

Archived