Extortion .. High Street Robbery

My wife had asked me to take her to the hair dressers.:rolleyes:

We are new here and don't know anywhere. As a consequence we tried a hairdressers on Woodseats [which I'm prpeared to name] and asked about having the ends cut - wet cut - for my wife.

No problem. Take a seat. Time only to turm the pages of a mag before she was done.

TWENTY FOUR QUID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Were we done? Is this normal? Is this acceptable? Is this planet earth?

We staggered off despite the wallet being so much lighter.

I call it theft.:gag:

What do you call it?

If it isn't 'the going rate' for 5 mns work then where else can we go; what can we expect; and, how much? :help:

Really annoyed.

Some still do just a trim, they are hard to find though most will charge you for a wet cut even if they just squirt your hair not wash it. I have mine mostly shaved with the clippers and they still charge for a full cut.

I go to Dawn's on Wulfric road she charges £7.50 for a ladies trim and it's a drop in place so you don't need to make an appointment just avoid the last couple of days of school holidays she's always full then.

I go to Wiseguys on townend... I think it's 8 quid...or £7.50, always have a decent laugh so I usually just give him a tenner and let him keep the change. My dad few years ago went down Eccy road for a trim and they said it was £25 quid. But countless girls I've spoke to have paid in excess of £50 quid for hair and such... daft man.

I go to Wiseguys on townend... I think it's 8 quid...or £7.50, always have a decent laugh so I usually just give him a tenner and let him keep the change. My dad few years ago went down Eccy road for a trim and they said it was £25 quid. But countless girls I've spoke to have paid in excess of £50 quid for hair and such... daft man.

Top place for a blokes cut, Tony and Steve are top fellas, but I think this thread was about women's hairdressers!

And yes at £24 I think you've been done. It's the price you pay for a top hairstylist cut, but my wife goes to Thingimibobs on Frecheville and has a layered trim for about £6.

My wife had asked me to take her to the hair dressers.:rolleyes:

We are new here and don't know anywhere. As a consequence we tried a hairdressers on Woodseats [which I'm prpeared to name] and asked about having the ends cut - wet cut - for my wife.

No problem. Take a seat. Time only to turm the pages of a mag before she was done.

TWENTY FOUR QUID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Were we done? Is this normal? Is this acceptable? Is this planet earth?

We staggered off despite the wallet being so much lighter.

I call it theft.:gag:

What do you call it?

If it isn't 'the going rate' for 5 mns work then where else can we go; what can we expect; and, how much? :help:

Really annoyed.

That sounds expensive for a 5 minute trim. They charge more if you have it washed whilst you're there of course. You could try taking her with wet hair next time - or wait till it's raining. That should knock a few quid off.

I tell you what though, there's a lot dearer places than that. My missus went to one on Eccy road and had a colour. Came to over £100! :shocked:

What price beauty though eh?

Archived