Extortion .. High Street Robbery

That sounds expensive for a 5 minute trim. They charge more if you have it washed whilst you're there of course. You could try taking her with wet hair next time - or wait till it's raining. That should knock a few quid off.

I tell you what though, there's a lot dearer places than that. My missus went to one on Eccy road and had a colour. Came to over £100! :shocked:

What price beauty though eh?

what recession he says LOL

That sounds expensive for a 5 minute trim. They charge more if you have it washed whilst you're there of course. You could try taking her with wet hair next time - or wait till it's raining. That should knock a few quid off.

I tell you what though, there's a lot dearer places than that. My missus went to one on Eccy road and had a colour. Came to over £100! :shocked:

What price beauty though eh?

My OH took me to Meadowhall once as his 'treat' I had a colour and a cut it came to £127 he almost fainted :hihi: When they tried to get me to buy the shampoo for £15 he stormed off he still can't talk about it without sweating!

My wife had asked me to take her to the hair dressers.:rolleyes:

We are new here and don't know anywhere. As a consequence we tried a hairdressers on Woodseats [which I'm prpeared to name] and asked about having the ends cut - wet cut - for my wife.

No problem. Take a seat. Time only to turm the pages of a mag before she was done.

TWENTY FOUR QUID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Were we done? Is this normal? Is this acceptable? Is this planet earth?

We staggered off despite the wallet being so much lighter.

I call it theft.:gag:

What do you call it?

If it isn't 'the going rate' for 5 mns work then where else can we go; what can we expect; and, how much? :help:

Really annoyed.

Welcome to Sheffield. I think you'll fit in here.

£3 in Hillsborough. It's like going back 25 years in time from more developed parts of the country! Consumers are so tight here it's unbelievable. The quality of life for so many people is like living in a trench!

A bloke in the library the other day was saying the librarian, "I cannot believe you don't have wi-fi. I'm from Cambridge and all the libraries have wi-fi. It's no wonder this place is such a f***ing dump" haha.

There's no doubt about it, Sheffield is going to have to step-up at some point.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the helpful posts.

If any of you have anymore recommendations I'd liek to have them. Please give Salon, address and approx. price.:help:

My wife's response was to say she wouldn't bother again.:( We're not flash with cash and have to count the pennies but I'd like her to have that treat of a trip to the salon for her.:cool:

Advise us if you can.:hihi:

Thanks.:thumbsup:

I went to a barbers in hillsborough on wednesday, as I didnt have time to go to the place where I usually go (Scotts on the wicker)

Cost me DOUBLE what I pay at Scotts :wow:

And the haircut itself wasnt even as good as they do it at Scotts - wont be going there again.....

Archived