M.O.T's and new rules coming in?

mine has failed today because the drivers seat wont slide forwards or backwards,

its because its been in the same position for 4 years.

the fact that Im the only driver and the seat will allways be in that position even when its been freed off to pass the m.o.t has nothing to do with it.:loopy:

Yes they will as my mate is an mot tester, also check what they say about it here= http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2012/jan/06/tougher-mot-rules

Thanks, better get it sorted then. Stupid cars.

What car is it? Sometimes if you wiggle the wires under the seat about the light goes off (if it has side airbags).

It's a Focus, looks like I'm going to have to have a play with it!

My interpretation of the info in the link provided above would be that it would fail.

Thanks for looking, I couldn't find anything definitive.

mine has failed today because the drivers seat wont slide forwards or backwards,

the fact that Im the only driver and the seat will allways be in that position even when its been freed off to pass the m.o.t has nothing to do with it.:loopy:

Isn't that more about safety though? They may need to be able to slide the seat out of the way in the event of an accident :).

Does this count for passenger seats too? Mine is stuck the furthest back it will go, don't have a back seat so its not a problem to me :)

Any decent MOT tester will know what lights to look out for as the ignition is turned on, if the airbag light doesn't light up he will know something is wrong.

He will also know all the tricks around it like cutting wires, removing fuses, wiring the airbag light to another light.

Archived