Footprint tools employees

charliewag

are there any former (or possibly current) footprint tools employees on this forum? what makes me ask is that i worked there from 1975 until being made redundant in 1998. someone i worked with when i first started has recently joined the company i work for now and we got talking about the people on the auger section where he worked. names mentioned included bill day, harry howard, jim almond, george harmston and derek bailey. i should imagine that most of these men will no longer be with us or very old.

this company which used to employ around 250 now has a workforce of about 10.

• 1 year later...
are there any former (or possibly current) footprint tools employees on this forum? what makes me ask is that i worked there from 1975 until being made redundant in 1998. someone i worked with when i first started has recently joined the company i work for now and we got talking about the people on the auger section where he worked. names mentioned included bill day, harry howard, jim almond, george harmston and derek bailey. i should imagine that most of these men will no longer be with us or very old.

this company which used to employ around 250 now has a workforce of about 10.

My father inlaw worked there, he was a streightener, Walt Ford.

• 4 months later...

I'm sorry, I've no idea which department my dad worked in, but it would probably have been in lathes or turning. I do know that when he later worked at Laycocks Engineering he worked on the turret lathes.

He would have been known as Bert, and I believe he played in the works football team. I have a copy of a photo which, I'm told, is probably the Footprint works team.

Archived