Kids: so much bedspace for one so small?

When your little darling/s clamber into bed with you in the middle of the night for whatever reason, are you amazed at how something so little takes up sooo much bedspace?

With both parents shoved to the bed's edges by little feet, both teetering on your respective bed sides on the brink of falling off, you look around to see your little angel comfortably laid star-shaped in the 75% of the bed's middle!:hihi:

Isn't this the Tardis effect?

When your little darling/s clamber into bed with you in the middle of the night for whatever reason, are you amazed at how something so little takes up sooo much bedspace?

With both parents shoved to the bed's edges by little feet, both teetering on your respective bed sides on the brink of falling off, you look around to see your little angel comfortably laid star-shaped in the 75% of the bed's middle!:hihi:

TBF I'm in my 30s and I still take up most of a double bed.

Obviously not with my parents as in the OPs case & no I'm not morbidly obese either.

Our (almost) 3 yr old does this frequently. She creeps in in the night most nights, and when I asked why she does it, because she has plenty of space in her sister's double bed or her OWN single bed... she said 'because there's a little space for me!' in the sweetest little voice... bless :)

Shame this 'little space' becomes most of the bed.

Big boned then??

Nope. I'm 6ft and just over 13st which puts me on the line of ideal and overweight according to the BMI index.

Not that I put much faith in that index because using that, most professional rugby players are massively overweight.

• 1 month later...

My 3 year old daughter is exactly the same - we start off having a nice snuggle, then move to 'our' sides of the bed. I wake up a short time later to find her either starfished or horizontal across the bed, usually with one of her toes up my nose :D Last night we had to have six teddies too....until I realised the pecking order was a bit wrong (ie. I was on the edge of the bed so six balls of fluff were 'comfy'). My daughter also farts and snores but in an adorable way hehe :)

Archived