The best Sheffielders you have ever met.

cuttsie

I worked with some great people at Walker & Halls in the 60s, can't remember second names though, handsome Terry was a floor manager, Vara was on the finishing belt sitting next to her was a lady that had some fingers missing, we had a laugh a minute back then, I just wish I had bought more of there silver ware when they closed down.

I worked with some great people at Walker & Halls in the 60s, can't remember second names though, handsome Terry was a floor manager, Vara was on the finishing belt sitting next to her was a lady that had some fingers missing, we had a laugh a minute back then, I just wish I had bought more of there silver ware when they closed down.

Was it on Queens Road.

Was it on Queens Road.
not sure the name of the street now cuttsie, but i"m sure there was only one W&H in Sheffield...I workd in more than one cutlery factory but i was at W&H the longest.

Hilda was the woman with fingers missing

God, what a day for memories!

My wife worked there in the late 50's. She used to work with a guy named Hyman in the invoice dept. There were also the young good looking twin guys, forget their names, (Keith?) who used to take us up to the Punch Bowl Friday evenings in their snazzy Ford Zephyr.

A very old guy there used to do hand engraving they said, for the Royal family, and she had him hand engrave a ring for me, when I was 18.

It's never been off my hand since.

Names ring a bell?

God, what a day for memories!

My wife worked there in the late 50's. She used to work with a guy named Hyman in the invoice dept. There were also the young good looking twin guys, forget their names, (Keith?) who used to take us up to the Punch Bowl Friday evenings in their snazzy Ford Zephyr.

A very old guy there used to do hand engraving they said, for the Royal family, and she had him hand engrave a ring for me, when I was 18.

It's never been off my hand since.

Names ring a bell?

Yes the name Keith rings a bell, if it's the same one he a manager with Terry, never saw the invoice dept...too posh for us on the floor :) If I remeber right Keith along with some others got into a bit of trouble when the place closed down for selling off some silver ware, we all bought some, so we were just as bad knowing it was "hot stuff" :hihi:

Archived