Getting on/off a bus with a pram

Sorry but if you can't manoeuvre a pram on or off the bus properly then maybe you shouldn't be in charge of one. The ramps are for wheelchairs only and if you want the driver to lower the floor then just ask.

Yeah phone social services right away.

mock all you like we have rights to use any transport with a buggie when the bus is high up and the bus is parked away from the kerb its going to be hard for us mums to get on the bus ive always asked the driver to lower the bus but its like talking to a brick wall

I'll second that, but according to their website they will. Although, what its says and what the drivers do are 2 different things..........

mock all you like we have rights to use any transport with a buggie when the bus is high up and the bus is parked away from the kerb its going to be hard for us mums to get on the bus ive always asked the driver to lower the bus but its like talking to a brick wall

How on earth would you have managed, a few years ago, when you simply could not take a buggy on the bus without folding it?

How on earth would you have managed, a few years ago, when you simply could not take a buggy on the bus without folding it?

+1

There was a mother with a push-chair on the bus into city centre the other week tutting and moaning because the driver made her fold her buggy & move for a wheelchair user

"Oh bother, why did I have to move, I was here first?"* - Her as she was on her phone to someone most likely as ghastly as herself.

* - I've translated into English

Orignal quote - "FFS Y did a avta move, a wa ere ferst beefoowa"

They're for wheelchairs AND buggies......otherwise they wouldn't have a 'buggy-zone'. Not sure about the ramp but the driver has to lower the step for you, although in my experience you sometimes have to remind them to!

According to the bus company's notices displayed on most buses you need to ask the driver to lower the ramp for you and WAIT until the ramp is deployed and not just go flying off without doing so, thats why some of the mothers get the wheels of the buggy especially those huge monstrosities get trapped between the platform and pavement.

As well as that the major bus compainies have a Web page devoted to explain to folk 'How to catch a bus' ie signal clearly if you want to get on etc etc,

Edited by d71146

mock all you like we have rights to use any transport with a buggie

Oh my word:roll:

when the bus is high up and the bus is parked away from the kerb its going to be hard for us mums to get on the bus ive always asked the driver to lower the bus but its like talking to a brick wall

Not dads then?

Just you mums

Sorry but if you can't manoeuvre a pram on or off the bus properly then maybe you shouldn't be in charge of one. The ramps are for wheelchairs only and if you want the driver to lower the floor then just ask.

Are you a bus driver by any chance? :rolleyes:

years ago buggies were able to fold with 1 hand and were light to carry on and off the bus,, or people just walked with big silver cross prams with shopping underneath and 1 or 2 kids in the pram bit (i did);)