Any posties on here?

ive had the the red card shoved through the letterbox and i was IN!, some posties just CBA, ita a right ball ache, ive complained and the excuse was the postie couldnt manage to open the gate !!

Or maybe you just didn't hear him =/

I'm sure he'd have preferred to deliver it rather than having to carry it round with him.

I'm sure he'd have preferred to deliver it rather than having to carry it round with him.

no, after the complaint was investigated, that is what i was told, i was in, they do it regular, are you one of theose posties what CBA?

Some parcels are left in a locked up box until the next day, when it is picked up by a driver at around 11.00am. It is then taken back to the delivery office. So you could be lucky and it will be back.

To avoid disappointment, they put 48 hours down.

You could get a parcel box which locks shut and holds big packets. Some of them even allow for signed for items.

You can also arrange for it to be left in a safe place, or with a neighbour. You need to sign a form for this to be allowed.

Talk to your postman, they can be very helpful.

Nah, I watched a parcel delivery RM person run up my drive a while ago with one of those cards. When I opened the door before he put the card through he said "oh, there's a parcel for you, I was just checking if someone was in". To be honest, if anyone told me that had happened I probably wouldn't believe them, but it did happen to me.

The fun is when you then have to go to the delivery office - Woodseats, in my case - wow, those guys really do excel in "how not to treat customers". Swearing in front of customers, aggressively questioning customers about what shape their parcel is likely to be (yes, really), they invent new types of unacceptability every time I go there.

I think that the general service we get from Royal Mail is amazing (fast delivery times, cheap postage) but their personnel often leave a lot to be desired

Some parcels are left in a locked up box until the next day, when it is picked up by a driver at around 11.00am. It is then taken back to the delivery office. So you could be lucky and it will be back.

To avoid disappointment, they put 48 hours down.

You could get a parcel box which locks shut and holds big packets. Some of them even allow for signed for items.

You can also arrange for it to be left in a safe place, or with a neighbour. You need to sign a form for this to be allowed.

Talk to your postman, they can be very helpful.

Where we are they tell you to leave it 72 hours now, and much of the time even after waiting that long when you go to the sorting office (Pit Lane) half of the time it isn't there or they can't find it..... now they have started cracking down saying you must provide ID to pick up a parcel so the other week loads of people were turned away without even getting their parcels. (Not me and before anyone says i know they do say you must bring ID but they have never asked for it in the several years i have been going there).

In fact one person the last time i went had been the day before and the person in the office produced their parcel and then refused to give it them cos no ID, the person went back the next day when i was there and was then turned away cos they said the parson wasn't back, even though they were shown it the day before......honestly that place is useless!!!.

And as for the same place, we arranged with the sorting office for a safe place for parcels to be left, and they never were, we still had to go to the sorting office, whn we queried it we were told they dont do this service.....even though they suggested it in the first place and let us fill in a form

When you arrive home to discover the red card has been left as the postie couldnt delver a package - it usually says you've got to wait 48 hours before collecting. I'm curious to know where the packages go for two days before going back to the sorting office a mile away from my house.

Anyone know?

I hope your question was answered before the thread was degraded into the usual round of postie bashing which had no relevance to your question what so ever.

I also come under the office at Pit Lane and I assure you it's 48 hours, although this is increased to 72 hours just for the Christmas period.

Well do you want to tell that to the postman that dropped a card off yesterday which says 72 hours, and the half dozen other cards i've had over the 6 months or so that say 72 hours, in fact i cant remember the last time i had one that said 48 hours and i go probably several times a month

Archived