My Opinion Of Religion!!

I could contemplate taking the wrong path because I am human and therefore fallible. My faith shows me the right path but cannot force me to take it.......I will not be 'struck down' for doing wrong.

The path I SHOULD take is predetermined but it is up to me whether I deviate from that. Just as a good parent instills into their children a conscience and the knowledge of right and wrong but can't force us not to go off the rails my faith gives me the guidelines for my life but can't force me to obey them

Predetermined by who ?

If God exists then it is predetermined, if God doesn't exist then you have free will, what you can’t have is free will and an all powerful all knowing God, they contradict each other. If god created you and knows the path you will take, you can’t choose to take a different path.

my faith gives me the guidelines for my life but can't force me to obey them

So what do you get from your faith, if you can choose not to obey it? What does it give you, apart from the free will to choose not to obey?

I don't understand.

I could contemplate taking the wrong path because I am human and therefore fallible. My faith shows me the right path but cannot force me to take it.......I will not be 'struck down' for doing wrong.

The path I SHOULD take is predetermined but it is up to me whether I deviate from that. Just as a good parent instills into their children a conscience and the knowledge of right and wrong but can't force us not to go off the rails my faith gives me the guidelines for my life but can't force me to obey them

But your God would already know what you will do, and you can't do anything differently to what God already knows. You may think you are choosing but the choice was made when God created everything. If God knows everything then there is no choice, everything is predetermined, God must have known you would be born, when God created everything, and God know what you will do, when you will do it and when you will die.

If God exists then it is predetermined, if God doesn't exist then you have free will, what you can’t have is free will and an all powerful all knowing God, they contradict each other. If god created you and knows the path you will take, you can’t choose to take a different path.

So am I right in thinking god predetermined the path ?

So am I right in thinking god predetermined the path ?

If god made everything and knows everything that will ever happen, then your path is predetermined by the events that God set in motion.

If God is all knowing and knows everything then God would know when you would be born, how and when you will die, god would even known the registration number of the car and the name of the driver that knocked someone down, before the universe was created.

My faith is my guide and my strength...my God is a God who guides and supports me not one who has predetermined every step I will take. I chose to reject my faith as a teenager and only came back to it many years later after having done a lot of things that I am not proud of. Every day I have the freedom to choose whether to do what I know is right or to do wrong. Faith does not offer us freedom from temptation just the promise that we will be shown the right path to take and guided back to it if we do stray

My faith is my guide and my strength...my God is a God who guides and supports me not one who has predetermined every step I will take. I chose to reject my faith as a teenager and only came back to it many years later after having done a lot of things that I am not proud of. Every day I have the freedom to choose whether to do what I know is right or to do wrong. Faith does not offer us freedom from temptation just the promise that we will be shown the right path to take and guided back to it if we do stray

Despite all those choices you think you are free to make you are still making the choices God new you would make, choices that were predetermined when the universe was created. Unless you are saying the God doesn’t know everything.

Archived