London Low Emissions Zone

We were planning a visit to london in march to visit some friends and do a little work. Luckly I looked into the new London Low Emissions Zone. £100 per day to take my camper because it a X reg, I can't believe how far it extends nearly all the way around the M25. http://www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/lez/17678.aspx#tkt-tab-panel-2 . So unless your commercial vehicle was registered after 2002 its going to cost you a fortune. How the hell did London allow this to happen, it must have cost the Londoners a fortune to get there vehicles converted. How long before it happens in other cities.

I guess it will boost the economy though, if a bunch of people have to buy new cars. And the air quality would be better. I'm just trying to look at it from all sides though, good revenue earner for the Government, takes old inefficient cars off the road, and makes the air cleaner.

I guess they could have chosen a better acronym than LEZ though =/

I guess it will boost the economy though, if a bunch of people have to buy new cars. And the air quality would be better. I'm just trying to look at it from all sides though, good revenue earner for the Government, takes old inefficient cars off the road, and makes the air cleaner.

:hihi::hihi:

And how will it boost the economy when people cant afford new vans or upgrades and end up going bust or joining the dole queue. And as for air quality its dust particle not green house gases, which is collected in exhaust then blown out at a later stage on the motorways.

Archived