Type of ID required?

saxon51

Places are getting stricter on the ID front all the time - in all walks of life, not just those worried about their alcohol licences. Certainly where I work we have to check several forms of ID before we can let anyone work for us. It does prove problematic sometimes, especially with people who don't have a driving licence or a passport, and have lost their birth certificates. You can get a copy of your birth certificate though - just go to the register office.

I think in this day and age having a passport is useful even if you don't intend to travel abroad. For example, all employers are obliged to check you are eligible to work in the UK, and the easiest way of doing this is by using your passport.

Hi everyone..

I work as a doorman in town and the law does state that the only 3 forms of id we can accept are passport, photo driving license or portman prove it card (or other reputable proof of age card) Student cards, birth certificates, credit cards are NOT accepted anywhere (or atleast not by any law obiding establishment)

The best thing to get is get a portman group prove it card. You can pick up the form any post office and some bars and off licenses also have the forms. These cards are fully recognised everywhere and they only cost £5

You can also download an application form at

http://www.portmangroup.org.uk/campaigns/52.asp

Just get a provisional licence, it's much easier and you will never get refused. Also has the benefits of allowing you to learn how to drive if needs be!

Sometimes people get refused because the bouncers/bar staff don't like the look of them and so they will find any excuse not to serve/let them in.

Archived