Should cycle riders stay in single file?

I took my test in my country.:hihi:

Before there was a theory test I think we can assume.

I mean, you started an entire thread to ask about one of the basic rules out of the HC and you've gone on to demonstrate your ignorance quite a few times.

VAT on sweeties maybe?

Cyclists, indeed all slow moving vehicles, have an obligation to pull over where safe in order to allow faster moving vehicles to pass.

jb

Care to show me that rule?

Clue- it doesn't exist.

My pleasure.

Rule 168

Being overtaken. If a driver is trying to overtake you, maintain a steady course and speed, slowing down if necessary to let the vehicle pass. Never obstruct drivers who wish to pass. Speeding up or driving unpredictably while someone is overtaking you is dangerous. Drop back to maintain a two-second gap if someone overtakes and pulls into the gap in front of you.

Rule 169

Do not hold up a long queue of traffic, especially if you are driving a large or slow-moving vehicle. Check your mirrors frequently, and if necessary, pull in where it is safe and let traffic pass.

jb

That's not referring to bikes you silly billy. There is no rule that bicycles have to pull over, you made it up.

Really, in what way is a bike not a slow moving vehicle*?

jb

* apart from the obvious answer of when it is travelling at the same speed of the rest of the traffic on the road.

Archived