Should cycle riders stay in single file?

No they aren't.

How can you be a grown man and not believe that cyclists pay tax?

Err, yes they are!

Of course us cyclists contribute to highway maintenance(it was tongue in cheek)

I actually think it is a ridiculous idea to think of spending that amount of money on cycle lanes in Scotland.The weather is not suited to commuting to work on a cycle at all.

There was a bit in the Star online yesterday about the average speed of traffic in Sheffield.

From memory, I think it was about 15.3 mph.

no one mention of this "article" on their site now :huh: Do you not have the link? can you not look in your browser history if you have forgotten it?

I can't get the damn thing to work, but:

Go to the Star website newspage.

Click on the bit for Sheffield news.

It's down towards the bottom of page 2. I just looked, so I know it's still there at the moment...:)

Not sure if this has been covered already, I was interested in the law surrounding this a while back.

I found out that

1. All the rules in the highway code apply to cyclists becuase they are defined as "carriages" under the law. (Taylor vs Goodwin 1879)

2. Cyclist as a matter of courtesy should not hold up traffic and 'should' ride single file on busy roads (Highway code rule 66)

3. Cyclists can be charged under highway code rule 68 "You MUST NOT ride in a dangerous, careless or inconsiderate manner" for failing to adhere to rule 66.

4. An offence of "furious cycling" does exist

again misinformation that The Hate Mail would be jealous of.

There was a bit in the Star online yesterday about the average speed of traffic in Sheffield.

From memory, I think it was about 15.3 mph.

Article actually says: Rush hour traffic travels at 15mph

Archived