Should cycle riders stay in single file?

but you use them in response to cyclists breaking the law.

what figures are you talking about?

The ones you posted with regard to the respective illegal actions of cyclists and drivers.

Even if you assume every single commuting cyclists breaks a law, they are still outnumbered by cars that are on the roads illegally.

Your claims are bogus.

The ones you posted with regard to the respective illegal actions of cyclists and drivers.

Even if you assume every single commuting cyclists breaks a law, they are still outnumbered by cars that are on the roads illegally.

Your claims are bogus.

what? my observations, based on my experience driving and cycling around Sheffield in and out of peak times. are you saying I'm lying?

What figures have I posted about car drivers breaking the law?

and again you are using the comparison of the car driver to excuse the actions of cyclists, something you have yourself denounced.

...nobody said bad actions by one group excuses another's,

:huh:

what? my observations, based on my experience driving and cycling around Sheffield in and out of peak times. are you saying I'm lying?

:huh:

How can you tell whether a car's insured by looking at it?

FYI, cyclist in front of me this morning on Moorfields sailed through two sets of red traffic lights without a care in the world.

I stand by my earlier assertion that approx 50% of cyclists break the law on a daily basis and they do this without any means of being identified or prosecuted.

one rule for them and one rule for everyone else who uses the roads it would seem.

Ho hum http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=934798. Upon seeing a motorist jump a red, I wouldn't be so daft as to make the assumption that all motorists break the law or jump through red lights. Why apply it to cyclists, because that is what you imply by posting your experience of a single occurrence this morning?

Of course your observations are your own and no one can dispute what you see, but when out and about on pushbike and behind the wheel I see more cars jumping red lights or breaking the law in other ways than I do cyclists.

As for being identified and prosecuted, a member of the Police is capable of opening a dialogue with another person are they not? In which case a series of questions will soon lead to establishing the offender's identity and issuing a fine or otherwise.

How can you tell whether a car's insured by looking at it?

you're making no sense, but could you please answer my question as you accused me of being wrong.

No, they are not, there is no such law.

why are you digging this up? its already been addressed. The highway code says you should wear a helmet and I accepted I was wrong. I thought it said you must, which is the term used when its a legal requirement. This doesn't change the number of cyclists who jump red lights though.

so I'm keen to know why you misrepresent me here by ignoring the later comments and discussions, what are you trying to prove?

you're making no sense, but could you please answer my question as you accused me of being wrong.

You claimed just 40% of drivers break the speed limit:

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=929657&page=14

You're wrong.

It's 75%

http://www.smartmotorist.com/traffic-and-safety-guideline/what-causes-car-accidents.html

smartmotorist.com ... the USA based website is relevant to the UK is it?

try giving us some UK figures backed up by research.

oh and my figures said "somewhere between 20-40% I would say"

You want UK figures?

More than 90 per cent of drivers admit to speeding – with 15 per cent breaking the limit on a regular basis, especially on the motorway.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1300830/Speed-cameras-caused-28-000-accidents-decade.html#ixzz1liAlCMQf

Your claims are bogus, you repeatedly lie to downplay the criminality among drivers.

Archived