Should cycle riders stay in single file?

that vehicle still has to have insurance why not cycles they can do some damage to a vehicle or pedestrian

Check your household insurance, 3rd party liability is usually included.

Out of interest, has there ever been a recorded instance of a cyclist causing damage and no moneys were recovered?

that vehicle still has to have insurance why not cycles they can do some damage to a vehicle or pedestrian

There isn't a legal requirement for cyclists to have insurance, the same for pedestrians.

However, most serious cyclists will take out Third Party Liability insurance.

The strange thing is that is costs next to nothing and as we all know insurance companies don't throw money away.

Check your household insurance, 3rd party liability is usually included.

Out of interest, has there ever been a recorded instance of a cyclist causing damage and no moneys were recovered?

Yes, there have been many. The cyclists merely say that they cannot swap insurance details as they are not insured. Also they have no registration number to identify them.

They are virtually "Hoodies" on wheels.:|

It was established on the first page that they do not have to ride in single file.

There is no 'spirit' of the law in this case, it's quite clear that cyclists can ride 2 abreast. If you hit them because you're a poor driver then it's entirely your own fault.

why cant motor cycles ride 2 abreast after all on my log book and tax disc it says bicycle

I wasn't sued, but my insurance paid for the damage I caused to another person's property. Lots of cyclists have insurance pay outs, what do you think the insurance is for?

Most motorists would not even bother to question a cyclist about compensation. The car owners usually believe that cyclists are :loopy:

I did not suggest that I think that of course.:D

Archived