Should cycle riders stay in single file?

Yes they should definitely stay in single file. After all, cycling is the only antisocial sport. Why break with tradition?

Uphill at low speeds and when I'm passing them in a truck with extended wing mirrors its especially important they stay in single file.

**bump** there goes another one......

:hihi:

Exactly, and there are plenty of narrow and busy roads in the Peaks! If you read my original post I also mentioned splitting up so they left gaps, therefore cars users could overtake them safely and not all at once, 3 a brest.

3 abreast is wrong anyway, but not only are you saying they shouldn't be two abreast (as if that makes the slightest difference to a safe overtake), but now they must be single file with enough gap between them for cars to pull in... The road doesn't belong to car drivers you know.

Yes they should definitely stay in single file. After all, cycling is the only antisocial sport. Why break with tradition?

Uphill at low speeds and when I'm passing them in a truck with extended wing mirrors its especially important they stay in single file.

**bump** there goes another one......

:hihi:

Would you really be so cheerful if your extended wing mirrors killed a cyclist resulting in you being sent down?

I'm sure your jolliness would soon disappear when you become someone's teddybare!!

Day should have to take a test the same as motorists have isurance and pay road tax.

Roads are busy enough without having unqualified numpties on bikes loose on them.

I'll put the hilarity of your belief in the existence of a "road tax" and your ignorance of the fact that most cyclist also drive and therefore have already taken a "test", to one side for a moment and ask you why you have used the word "day" instead of "they"???

Day should have to take a test the same as motorists have isurance and pay road tax.

Roads are busy enough without having unqualified numpties on bikes loose on them.

You'd rather day laughed the bike at home and all took dare cares out instead, making the raid busier than it already is? :roll:

Archived