Unusual wedding favours

It all depends on the theme of the wedding - something that fits with your personalities is always good.

You could go for cupcakes - favours that double as wedding cake so your wedding cake doesn't have to be so big!

We personally had little bags we filled with sweets, a heart shaped sparkler and some little sachets of flower seeds - everyone loved the sparklers!

I like the idea of homemade mini pots of jam or little plant pots with herbs in them - easy to do yourself if you have the time.

Look on pinterest for inspiration there are loads of cute things on there!

One of the best wedding favours I've ever seen was personalised bottles of hendersons relish. Each bottle had a lable, printed with the names of the Bride & Groom, the date and venue of the wedding. Very "Sheffield" and it was the perfect accompaniment to the main course served at the wedding breakfast which was Pie and Peas.

We did the mini rolls of love hearts too. Got them from the cake shop on the Gallery at 7p a packet, and made our own labels with our names and date on them. If you can't manage to do that yourself, there are sellers on ebay that do them for you. Pretty cheap and fun too :)

Angi

There is a shop in Glossop called Sallie Moonbeam - it is an old fashioned sweet shop in part but also a they do wedding favours - they are making a bouquet for a bride from sweets!! They are worth a visit - not a million miles by car and a great day out - it's a beautiful drive through the countryside and worth a look.

One of the best wedding favours I've ever seen was personalised bottles of hendersons relish. Each bottle had a lable, printed with the names of the Bride & Groom, the date and venue of the wedding. Very "Sheffield" and it was the perfect accompaniment to the main course served at the wedding breakfast which was Pie and Peas.

I love this idea! Where did they get the personalised henderson relish bottles from?

We were going to do cookies (not that original I know) but after seeing some really clever things people had done with sweets we were working out how to fit sweets into the whole deal. Maybe we could do these as wedding favors.

We drive through Glossop on the way to our parents we might need to pop into the sweet shop and see what they have on offer.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is a great ides- do you know how/ where she got the personalised labels?

Thanks! :-)

Archived